25. Sign of the times

Harry

After my trip to Jamaica, I'm back in New York. The last weeks have been tough and a outtake of my record will soon be released on the music market. I'm proud of it, but I'm pretty excited about it, too.

The release date is scheduled for April 7th. "Sign of the times" is my first work. Today is March 25 and I give the social networks a taste of my music. On Instagram I have simply deleted all images and comments from my account. It should be pure and white, symbolize my musical restart after "One Direction". A small audio teaser of the single will be installed. I deliberately chose today's date. It's my message to Zayn, the man I'm still in love with. He should not forget me. Today, exactly two years ago, he left the band. Today, a year ago, he released out "Mind of Mine" and today, I announce my single.

Later in the afternoon, my mother calls me. She is visibly angry about the picture - with Louis in the café - in the newspaper. 

"Darling, what does that mean? I thought the thing between you two is finally over. Louis is taken, has a child. Why do you punishing yourself so?" She admonishes me over the phone. 

"Mum, that's a big misunderstanding, Lou and I aren't together! The paparazzi just caught us at a bad time," I try to defend myself.  

"Are you kidding your mother, young man? I can see with my own eyes what's going on! Why doesn't Tomlinson finally keep his hands off you?" She yells through the line. 

"Settle this! You can't  afford a bad press, Harry!" She replies and hangs up.

To hell with the press! Anne made it clear how this picture affects others. In the hope that Zayn won't see the picture, I take a quick look at Instagram. I click on Zayn's account and cheer.

Zayn

"Clouded in your love, but I'll follow it."

Zayn didn't forget me.