16. Memories

Harry

Hot, Caribbean air hits him. The sun is very hot and Harry squints into the sun. Immediately he puts on the dark sunglasses. His long-sleeved shirt sticks to his body and makes him uncomfortable. Harry collects the countless pieces of luggage and stacks it on the trolley. The press is hard on his heels, taking dozens of photographs. 

"Harry, Harry!" The reporters yell at him. 

He rushes to the van to avoid the stupid questions. Since the article has been circulating with Louis, they don't leave him alone. He hates the media, he hates their lies. Behind the tinted windows of the car, he breathed a sigh of relief. The joy of the coming weeks overcomes him. Harry looks out of the window, takes a sip of water from the bottle and longs for privacy and seclusion. His gaze wanders over the landscape during the entire journey. He senses Zayn. Reggae is played on the radio and he hummes softly to himself.

Flashback Harry

Last year he spent several month in Port Antonio to write and record most of his album. At that time, Zayn stayed there for four days in early summer. Harry read all articles he could find about Zayn's breakup with Gigi Hadid. A small, meaningful article and he got a glimmer of hope that - he may get back Zayn. 

However, the headline in a journal on the following day, destroyed this hope.

"Zayn Malik jets to Jamaica for a wild trip"

Is Zayn Malik already over his split from Gigi Hadid? He apparently jetted off on a wild vacation to Jamaica right after their breakup, bringing along two mystery blondes to boot. Get the EXCLUSIVE details right here!

Harry worked obsesseivly on his record during this time. He searched for the right words for hours, wrote  emotional lyrics that expressed his longing for him. Zayn's "Mind of Mine" inspired his choice of words. He tried to find the perfect answer on Zayn's songs. Harry knew that those lyrics are secret letters to him, which should let him know that he's thinking of him.

And then....

The mobile rang and made Harry startle from writing. A glance at the screen didn't reveal the caller. Harry picked up his phone and searched for the message.

"Hey Mate, are you free tonight? Z."

"Z.???", his heart was pounding. 

"It's Zayn. "

Oh God, how long had he waited of this call. Every night he dreamed of seeing Zayn again.  Now he was unable to react adequately. Harry immediately saved the contact in his phone. Zayn was known for constantly changing his number.

"Yeah, I'm free tonight. Are you in Jamaica? H."

" Yes, I am. Wanna go to the beach? Z."

" Thought you are afraid of water. H."

" Then it's settled, right? Meet me outside at 7. Z."