67. Caught

Harry

The champagne corks pop and we hear the congratulations of others. Fireworks illuminate the sky. Zayn kisses me long and tender.

"Baby, I wish us both a happy New Year."

Zayn

Our bodies are still sweaty. With his index finger he runs over my chest and wipes away the beads of sweat.

"I love you, Harry, I love you more than my life."

"I love you too, Zayn," he whispers to me.

"We'd better freshen up and join the others. Camille and Gigi will surely be looking for us, otherwise we'll busted," says Harry.

In his voice, I hear something bitterness.

"We'll find a solution later this year, Harry." I reassure him.

We leave the room dressed and go to the terrace to the other guests. The mood is exuberant. Gigi saw me and in her face I see displeasure.

"Are you out of your mind or something?" She scolds.

"Where have you been all this time and how do you look , anyway?" She snaps at me.

She moves closer.

"Who have you been having fun with, Zayn Malik?"

Gigi looks at me seriously.

"What are you talking about, darling?" I try to ask innocently.

"What do I mean? Are you serious? Look at you! You smell like sex, your hair is tousled and the shirt is wrong buttoned! Happy New Year, Malik! "

 Tears are gathering in her eyes and her chin trembles.

"That's disgusting and so humiliating, Zayn!" She yells. Everybody is staring at us.

"Could you possibly keep your voice down?" I growl at her.

"This is so embarrassing." I say.

"Oh, are you embarrassed by this conversation. You're cheating on me on a party with some bitch and you're embarrassed? You owe me an explanation!" She roars louder.

Meanwhile, the other people start to murmur and look at us in horror.

"Gigi, please pull yourself together!"

"Just leave, Zayn," she says disappointed and disappears to the exit.

Dejected I stood in a crowd of people. What a mess! Harry is leaning against a wall with Camille and looks over at me questioningly. We look at each other for a moment and with a puzzled shake of the head I leave the party.

Honestly, I don't know where to go. I don't want to meet Gigi now. Explanations wont help us. Well, a few things have to settle down first. I run aimlessly through the cold New Year's day. My hands digging into my coat pockets. A cigarette later, I'm sitting in a pavement cafe and thinking. I can't leave Gigi. Not now. She is my anchor and I need her. An outing and a commitment to Harry is too early. I can't do that yet. But I can't imagine a life without him either. Damn it, why is everything so complicated? Why can't everything stay the way it is? I am stressed. Tomorrow I'll talk to her. I have to fix everything.The hot coffee is burning on my tongue. It wakes the senses. Still lost in my thoughts, I am sitting there for a long time. 

"Hey Zayn, what happened? H.XXX"

"Are you already gone?"

Harry writes to me and I feel harassed. I don't want to answer him now. That's just too much for me. I was caught and I'm miserable.