42. The Gala II

Harry 

The evening is exhausting. We must endure countless speeches. My stomach is growling. Hundreds of people flock in the festively decorated hall. Louis hardly leaves my side. My thoughts are with Zayn. He hadn't called back. When he is in the studio, he forgets the time. I would like to sit with him in front of the TV and cuddle. A reporter is coming over.

 "Oh, Mr. Styles, it's nice to see you!" She chirps.

 "Anderson, it's my Name. I'm from the Times. Do you have time for an interview?" She asks me. 

"Listen, Mrs. Anderson, I'm here privately tonight and I don't  want to answer any questions. You understand, don't you?" I answer politely.

 She smiles briefly and leaves. The buffet is open and I take a few snacks. Louis puts a glass of orange juice in my hand. 

"It really means a lot to me, Haz, that you're here tonight." He says. 

He takes my hand and squeezes it. I can feel the look of Mrs. Anderson in my neck.

"Louis, I want to go. I'm jetlegged. You don't mind, do you?" 

"Not at all!  We've been here long enough, dear." He replies. 

Around midnight, Louis and I leave the event. In the entrance portal I get our coats from the wardrobe. Meanwhile Louis chatted with a friend. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I'm startled, I turn around.

 "Are you speechless, Harry?" I hear. 

"Doniya, what are you doing here?"

 I start blushing. My heart rate is accelerating. 

"A friend of mine invited me, and since drinks and food are free, I just went with along." She laughs. 

"Yes, you're right, Doniya! That would have been an event for Niall, too. Free food in abundance." I joke.

 "Are you alone?" She asks.

 I was afraid of this question all the time. 

"No, not at all. I'm here with a friend too. I have to go now, Don. It was nice to see you again!" Quickly I try to interrupt the conversation and go unnoticed.

 "Hey Doniya !!", roars Louis. 

Her face is distorted. I look at her sheepishly.

 "Hello Louis, are you here with a friend, too?" I notice her sarcastic tone. 

"What do you mean? I'm here with Harry."  

She nods to both of us and disappears into the crowd.