24. Dear Jake, I hate you.

Start from the beginning

"Alright then lets go."

I walk over and put a hand on his arm as he goes to open the door.

He turns to me. "What?" He asks quietly.

"Jake I don't love you yet but i'm really really close."

"Then whats stopping you I won't hurt you Maggie i promise."

"I know you won't. I'm not sure whats holding me back. I'm sorry."

Jake grabs hold of my hair and fiercely kisses my lips.

"Mags I love you." He whispers.

Why can't i just love him back?

"I hate that i can't say that back to you." I mumble. I kiss his lips again and when i pull away i look at the ground. I go to open the door and Jake grabs my wrist.

"Mags i'm sorry i shouldn't have said that when you love me i'm sure you'll tell me. I shouldn't have just jumped into it like that."

"Jake if it helps at all i do love you but i'm not in love with you yet."

"That helps a little." Jake says smiling.

I smile back. "Good."

Jake takes my hand and we walk out of his room down the stairs and out of the house.

"Jake what if we run into Max?"

"We won't go to the really popular one we'll go to the one that's about twenty minutes away. We just can't get ice cream or anything."

"Actually i could really go for some ice cream why don't we go to dairy queen too."

Jake smiles. "Alright."

We stop in front of dairy queen and while were waiting in line Jake rubs my back.

When it's are turn we both order.

Me getting a chocolate ice cream cone and Jake gets a cookie dough blizzard.

We go over sitting at one of the benches. I start to lick my ice cream cone and Jake is about to put the spoon into his mouth when it stops halfway to his mouth. His mouth his open and he stares at me. I stop licking my ice cream looking at him confused.

"Is there something on my face." I say grabbing a napkin and wiping my mouth. Jake blushes and puts the spoon in his mouth.

"No." He says.

I look behind me but there's nothing out of the ordinary there either. "Then what is it?"

Jake scoops up more ice cream. "Nothing." He shakes his head.

"Fine whatever." I say continuing to lick my ice cream.

Once in a while though Jake would look at me with a pained expression on his face.

"Mmm." I mumbled licking again.

Jake makes a weird noise in the back of his throat.

"What?" I say annoyed.

He looks at my ice cream.

"Do you want a lick?" I say maybe that's it.

He looks at me and sighs. "I would love a lick."

I push my ice cream towards him.

"Oh you meant the ice cream."

I look at him confused. "What?"

"Nothing." He takes my ice cream licking it and handing it back to me.

Good now maybe he'll stop watching me. He doesn't though. I try to get him to tell me what he's watching me for a couple more times but he won't. We finish are ice cream and he takes me to the car before i can open the door he presses me against the car door. He presses his lips to mine and kisses me with hunger and urgency.