Concussion

Awww have this its been in my head for agessss hehehe

This book is almost at the 200 chapter limit, so Imma start book 2 soon, this will probably finish around Christmas and planning to start book 2 in the new year.

Book 2 is gonna be different. Its gonna be some of my own writing (obvs lol) and some of it will be blurbs.

A blurb is basically you guys sending short prompts to me e.g. fluffy Shawn keeping you warm, and I choose the one I'm in the mood for writing or one that I really like and write it.

Sometimes several will be combined if they are similar e.g. platonic Shawn going through a breakup and Y/N comforting Shawn.

These will be PMed to me by you guys BUT not all will be written. They will be Y/N and Shawn so its not a request, more like a suggestion of what you want me to write.

The good thing is that blurbs will always be open, however not all will be written or some will be combined. It also depends on demand, like if I receive a lot of Dad! Shawn then I'll write it nevertheless.

DON'T SEND BLURBS NOW. I'LL TELL YOU WHEN TO SEND THEM XXX

Your POV

We are currently in New York, Shawn and I. He had some press work and was a little stressed so he wanted me to come for moral support. We are sitting in the back of the car, driving to a radio interview.

"Y/N" Shawn whines, turning his head towards me. He hadn't slept very much last night, unlike me. Shawn had a late night rehearsal and he told me to sleep rather than watch, meaning I got 7 hours sleep whereas Shawn got just under 2 hours.

"Yes honey"

"Can I sleep on you?"

I roll my eyes, giggling as I put my arm around him, indicating that he could sleep on me.

He lays his head in my lap, putting his feet up and bending his legs so he could fit, granted only just, on the back seats, lying down.

"The light is annoying me." Shawn had a tendency to get all whiney and clingy when he was tired, which was funny for me.

"Here. Better?" I throw a jacket over his face, letting him sleep.

We were at the radio station in twenty minutes. As we are walking, I notice Shawn's hair was all messed up.

"Shawn your hair." I laugh, brushing his hair with my fingers. I notice the eyebags under his eyes, rubbing my thumbs over them. "Just a few hours, then you can rest darling."

"Can I sleep on you again?"

"Of course." A curl fell infront of his eyes and I push it back with my hand.

"Shawn this way." One of the workers at the radio station calls.

"I'll see you soon." Shawn kisses my cheek before leaving.

I could tell he was tired just by the way he was walking. The next thing that happened confirmed just that.

He opens the glass door, but doesn't realise its a rotating door. He walks straight into it, head first. Hard.

The situation would've been funny if he didn't hit his head with the force that he did.

"Shawn" I call, walking up to him.

"I don't feel..." he slurrs before losing all energy and collapsing. If I was just a microsecond slower I wouldn't have been able to catch him as he fell.

Gently, I hold his head to my chest, stroking his hair.

A group of people had seen him fall, including Andrew, who was at his side in an instant.

"Shawn buddy wake up." Andrew says softly in Shawn's ear. "Can we get him some water?" He asks one of the workers, who agrees. Shawn's head begins to move very slightly.

"Hey, its okay. Open your eyes." I coo, brushing my thumb over his cheek. Slowly, his eyes open, squinting because of the light.

"W... what happened?" Shawn tries to sit up, but I push him back down.

"You hit your head and fainted." I explain, taking a hand through his hair.

"Shawn I think you should get your head checked out. You were out cold for a few minutes." Andrew suggests, worry on his face.

"No no I'm fine." Shawn tries to sit again; his brows furrow, showing that he was in pain.

Someone brings Shawn some ice and I hold it against his head to try and reduce pain and swelling.

After a while an ambulance arrived and took Shawn to hospital for a scan, just to be on the safe side.

After his scan, he was admitted into hospital because of dehydration and exhaustion, which may have been a contributing factor into his collapse. The doctors said that Shawn had a moderate concussion and that he should rest for two weeks.

They hooked him up to an IV and he was to drink 1 litre of water before he was allowed to go.

However, the concussion was causing Shawn quite a lot of pain. He was also dizzy, nauseous and dazed out.

"Y/N what time are we going home?" Shawn asks, keeping his eyes closed.

"When you've drank your water sweetie." I say softly, trying not to aggravate his headache. "Come on, its half gone already." It wasn't half gone. The jug was half empty as Shawn had drank one glass, and the rest was in the glass right now. Shawn was too confused to realise. "Drink up."

Carefully, I lift his head up and hold it against his mouth, almost forcing the water down him.

"Y/N my head hurts." Shawn complains, shifting in bed to face me. His words broke my heart.

"It's okay honey. Just finish your water then I'll get you home, well back to the hotel."

Just then, the nurse came in.

"Sorry to tell you this, but because he has a moderate concussion, we want to keep him a night just in case." She explains, changing Shawn'a IV bag. "Ive got you some ice for the pain."

"Here. I'll hold it for you." I offer, since Shawn lookes upset at the fact that he would have to stay a night.

"Can you lie behind me?" Shawn pouts and I agree, hoping some comfort would help him. Slowly, I lay myself down behind Shawn, letting him lay on top of me, head on my chest.

"Better?"

"Much better." Shawn yawns, one symptom of a concussion is tiredness.

"Try to sleep. It'll help." I say, holding the ice pack against his head with one hand and using the other to stroke his hair. He was asleep in seconds, letting the tiredness and pain leave his body.

So the clocks went back and I got an extra hour of sleep yay