Don't p2

Just thought I'd write this x TRIGGER WARNING this gets pretty distressing and emotional.

This takes place a few weeks after 'Don't'. Shawn has been struggling with the aftermath of the rape and is going into a deep depression. He has been cutting and you are aware of it. You had to leave your shared apartment as you had to get some groceries.

Shawn's POV

I'm home alone right now as Y/N has gone shopping.

I've found the past few weeks very difficult. Why me? Why was it me who got raped? I have never ever intentionally harmed someone. I'm always nice to people and I try to be patient and spend time with my fans even when I'm exhausted.

I really hate myself. So much.

I can't do anything right. I couldn't even defend myself when she raped me. I'm so weak.

I've been cutting which numbs my pain but Y/N has forced me to promise not to so I can't.

Today I have a new idea as to how to numb the pain.

Alcohol.

The vodka burns my throat as I drink an entire bottle. I find a knife and cut my wrists, letting the blood seep out of my wrists and trickle down my arms, dripping onto the cold kitchen floor.

This felt good. Pain. I needed it. I craved it.

The effects of the vodka begin to kick in and I begin to feel a bit dizzy and sick. I'm about to collapse as Y/N comes in.

Your POV

I come home and as I open the door I see an incredibly drunk Shawn. His wrists were bleeding and he was about to fall.

I run over to him and catch him as he falls. I get a first aid kit and wrap his wrists up.

"Shawn honey..." I cup his cheek.

"Don't...mad" he says

"I'm not mad sweetheart." I say to him, taking my fingers through his curls. "I just need you to tell me how much you drank honey."

He pointed at the empty vodka bottle on the kitchen cabinet.

My worst fears are confirmed when Shawn began to violently throw up. I felt his skin.

Cold. Pale. Blue.

I decide to drive him to hospital myself as it was a five minute drive away.

I'm able to lift him onto his feet. His entire body weight was on me but I was able to get him into the car. He had vomit and blood all over his white top but I didn't risk him losing precious body heat by removing it.

I see a paramedic as I approach the hospital so I honk the horn to get his attention.

"My...my friend drank too much." I tell the paramedic. He helps Shawn out of the car and helps him onto a stretcher. They then take him away and I'm left assessing the situation.

What had just happened?

I'm sitting on a chair outside the 'substance abuse' ward. Its been three hours and there has been no news.

Shawn's parents and Aaliyah were out of town so I was the only one there.

The doctor comes up to me.

"He's had a very lucky escape." A huge sigh of relief escapes my mouth. "We've put a pipe down his throat to help his breathing. We've also put a catheter on him so he doesn't wee himself. Er...he has an IV drip to keep him hydrated. He should be well enough to go home in a day or two."

"Can...can I see him?" I ask.

"Yeah. He can't speak and make sure he rests."

I gently push the door open and Shawn's eyes light up when he sees me. He looked so helpless - the poor thing had a pipe down his throat. All because of one girl who had nothing better to do with her night than ruin an innocent, sweet, kind, caring boy's entire life.

"Hey darling." I sit on the chair next to him and hold his trembling hand. "I'm here, you're okay."

I caress his cheek as tears well in his green-brown eyes.

"Please don't cry." I wipe the tears that fall from his eyes. "I love you Shawn. Get yourself some rest. I'm not going anywhere." I play with his hair to try and ease him to sleep.

Hope you liked it xx