Manchester

Hello!! This is an imagine about something close to home for me as I live in the Manchester area.

Your POV

Today is the day I'll be flying back to my hometown of Manchester. Shawn has a show there tonight, and I was on a girls trip to Turkey. My flight would arrive at 8 30pm, which meant that I would miss Shawn's show, but I'd get to see him afterwards. I'd be meeting him at the arena after the show.

Shawn's POV

"Thank you Manchester! (❤)" I was about to go off stage when I heard something. It sounded like a large explosion. I look around and there was complete silence for a moment, before everybody began to panic.

"Everyone please get yourself out of the arena through the emergency doors. Stay safe and I love you." I tell them before the emergency sirens begin to sound. I see a young girl, around six, on her own at the front row.

"Shawn!" I hear Andrew call. I ignored him and ran towards the girl.

"Hey sweetie pie, what's your name?" I kneel down and put my arm around her.

"A...Alice." she replies.

"Alice, have you come with your mum?" She nods. I couldn't leave her. "Right come with me, I'll help you find her." I carefully lift her and run backstage.

"Shawn thank god!" Andrew runs over to me.

"S...she can't find her mum. We need to help her!" I tell him, frantically looking for someone incharge of the arena. I then see a police officer.

"Sir, we need you to evacuate from the aren." He tells me.

"This girl can't find her mum."

"I'll take her." No. I can't give her away. I need to find her mum or I'll be abandoning her.

"No, she's with me." I say sternly. I put Alice down. "Hold my hand gorgeous. We will find your mum." We then go to the foyer area. It then hits me - someone had bombed the arena. The devastation was immense - it cannot be described. (A/N - I'm not going to describe it as I think it would be disrespectful as I can't put into words how much pain and suffering the people went through.) It happened again - Ariana's, now this one. I then hear Alice shout "mum"

"Alice!" A woman rushes over and gives her a huge hug. "Thank you Shawn, I can't thank you enough." She gives me a hug and pecks my cheek. She exchanges numbers with me, and I give Alice a quick goodbye before I see Y/N.

"SHAWN!" She yells, running over to me.

Your POV

I arrive at the arena and learn about what has happened, and then I see Shawn. He was in shock.

"SHAWN!" I rush over and pull him into my arms as he begins to cry loudly.

"Th...they've lost their lives!" He cries, shaking violently.

"Shawn, don't blame yourself okay. Let's get you home." I wipe his tears away and put my arm around his shoulder and my other arm helps to prop him up. I walk him to the car. He lays himself down in the car, head in my lap, still crying. He digs his head into my stomach. I take my fingers through his hair, calming him.

We arrive at my apartment in Manchester in 10 minutes. I notice that Shawn felt cold, so I took my jacket off and draped it over his shoulders.

"Let's get you warmed up." He was taking short, quick breaths. I take him inside and sit him on the bed. I cover him with the duvet, keeping him warm. We lay in bed together, me spooning him, holding his hand in mine, trying to warm him.

"Its okay my love, go to sleep." I calm him as he's sobbing. He then turns to face me.

"They died...and got hurt and if it wasn't for me they would be alive." He continues to cry. I sit up and pull him into my lap as he completely breaks down.

"Do not blame yourself, its not your fault. There are some sick people out there." I take my hands through his hair.

"I...I want to see them. The injured." He tells me.

"We can go tomorrow, they'll need to be treated today. Plus tonight you need to rest." I tell him, gently rocking  him to sleep.

I cried writing this ❤