Chapter 50-Sayu vs The Centaur

Începe de la început

"It's not going to hold!"

Sayu frowned as she heard them screaming once more in despair. She was in the same situation here she could see what was happening. Was there really any need for them to comment on what she could clearly see?

The barrier Sayu made began crumbling slowly as the energy caused by the Centaur began leaking in towards their side creating a current of violent air. Everyone covered themselves in fear of having any of that hit them.

Sayu was not about to go down so easily as she lowered her weapon and slammed her hand against the ground.

"Searing Geyser!"

From the crevices caused by Sayu's sword the area began glowing red as a hot searing fire sprouted from the ground covering the Centaur in an infernal abyss of flames.

The Centaur let out a yell of pain retreating from the faltering barrier. The pain it was suffering right now interrupted his attack but it still seemed more than capable of recovering as it looked back at Sayu.

"Not good enough!" it yelled out as the flames continued to burn onto his skin.

Sayu raised her hand at the Centaur once more and spoke loudly.

"Holy Fire!"

The fire covering the Centaur increased in magnitude and became almost blinding as everyone covered their faces in fear of losing their sight. There was an overwhelming heat that could be felt as the Centaurs roars intensified before growing quiet once more.

The blinding light of the fire died down as the rest of Sayu's barrier came crumbling down.

She stood there staring into the sea of flames in front of her for any signs of the Centaur. There was no movement what so ever as she gave a sigh of relief.

The rest of the people who were now opening their eyes and looking at the spectacle in front of them stared in amazement.

"W-who the hell is that?"

"I- I saw her stats, t-they're insane 4900's and she still managed to beat that Centaur on her own."

"She's also that Hero of Tyr's assistant. Hero Kami was it, it's in her title!"

The groups fear over the Centaur began fading as they saw the demonstration of power Sayu had displayed. Their fears soon turned to laughter's and eventually a loud cheering roar.

Sayu stood still unable to fully grasp what was happening. This was a strange feeling to her, being cheered for. In all her existance it had always been Kami who had been shown any signs of gratitude. It was not like she wished they would cheer for her instead or anything but it was nothing she had personally experience before.

She stood feeling a bit confused and suddenly her face was warm. She clapped her cheeks as she looked around at the crowd who continued to cheer for her and yell out her name.

"Sayu, Sayu, Sayu!"

This was a warm feeling and she felt a bit embarrassed as she continued to look around.

"N-no, K-kami deserves all the glor-"

The crowd moved forward running up to her to congratulate their hero. She was unable to speak as the crowd circled around her.

Sayu was a bit perplexed at what was happening as some familiar faces made their way to the front.

"Ah, madame Sayu I knew you were a woman of much beauty but such strength as well. You are indeed exquisite fair dame!"

Asahi made his way over to them as he carried Hiromichi by the shoulder. He gave a slight chuckle as he dropped him gently in front of them.

"It appears Sir Kami has a number of powerful friends."

Marie was relieved to see her father and Hiromichi where alright as she clapped lightly. She would expect nothing less from someone who was closely tied with Kami.

Hiromichi sat on the ground rubbing his head as he looked up at Sayu.

"S-shit kid, that's some powerful crap you have there, you look almost like a divine being."

Sayu looked down at herself as she realized she still had her [Divine State] skill toggled. Kami had told her she should try to remain conspicuous about the fact that they come from outside this universe. She frowned as she thought about him, thinking he would be disappointed for making it so obvious.

Himari who had been standing next to Marie this whole time smiled at her as well.

"Miss Sayu is powerful like Mister Kami. I'll be strong like you two one day!"

The crowd was drunk of the atmosphere as Sayu turned around and stared at the flames. She felt the presence that she dreaded was still there as she turned and yelled out.

"Run back now!"

It was too late. The Centaur leaped into the air as the same energy that he had before surrounded him once more..

Sayu quickly grabbed onto whoever was close as she dropped her wings on top of them along with herself.

The Centaur came crashing down on them causing a large crater.

Sayu felt the force of impact hit her wings as she tried to resist the damage. It was hurting her as she continued to hold onto the two people she had barely managed to save.

It grew quiet for a bit afterwards as she lifted her injured wings and took a look around.

The crowd of people who had just been surrounding her giving her their thanks were now all dead in just one shot. She looked down at Marie and Himari laying limbless on the ground, also now just corpses, despite her efforts to save them.

Sayu looked up at the Centaur who loomed over her as he lifted his axe.

A dark-red eerie aura surrounded him as he looked back down at her and spoke.

"Unfortunate, human, but everything you just fought to protect, is now dead."