Chapter 26

Los Angeles - July 2018

Hoseok's P.O.V

The sky of Los Angeles looks so clear, in a few minutes the plane we were travelling with would land. I turned to the man who was sleeping next to me. His skin was pale, his eyes puffy, he looks messy. I never had the heart to see him like this. The round eyes that used to be shining bright and beautiful, are now always decorated with remorse and sadness.

He lost the person he loved the most. I know him since he was 15 years old, I see him growing up. During that time, I never saw him so happy except when he talked about his lover. Especially when he met him, its as if the whole universe was in front of him.

Therefore, when they had to separate, he really lost his spirit of life. He never showed his sadness, he always tried to smile and be strong in front of us, keeping all his own pain.

But we know how devastated he truly is. His eyes are lifeless, his smile is no longer the same. And everything is getting worse in the past two years.

To be honest, the last person to see Taehyung is me. At that time, when I was looking for Jungkook to get him ready to perform, I saw Taehyung running from behind the stage. Never knew that was the last time I saw him.

For the past two years, no one has ever mentioned the name 'Kim Taehyung' anymore. Not because we forgot about him, not because we didn't miss him, we really really wanted to see that boxy smile again. But on the other hand, we don't want to bring him up again to protect the feelings of our youngest brother.

Honestly, behind our youngest's back, we never stop talking about Taehyung. How Jimin often suddenly cries every time he remembers him, how Jin often daydreams in the kitchen every time he remembers the moments he cooks with Taehyung.

We, me; Jin Hyung; Yoongi Hyung; Namjoon; Jimin, really missed him, and deep in our hearts, we felt very guilty about him.

We enjoy all of this success, on the other hand, Taehyung suffers alone.

"He's fine in his country" Namjoon always said that to calm his lover.

Well, I hope he's fine

Now we are on our way to the hotel to take a short break then continue the next schedule, the Ellen Show.

Somehow there is an awkward silence engulfing us.

I looked worriedly at Jungkook. Since he came home from visiting his grandmother, he hasn't said a word. He just nodded, shook his head, and smile, which is forced.

"What are you holding?" I tried to invite him to talk

But he didn't answer, instead, he just looked at the object in his hand. The stuff he never released from his grasp. It's a key with J keychain. He gripped that thing tightly.

"Is your grandmother's condition deteriorating? It seems you're so sad since you returned from the hospital"

he just shook his head

"Did you meet your parents there?"

he shook his head, again

"Is your grandmother allowed to go home in the near future?"

he just shook his head for the third time

and that frustrates me.

"Jungkook, please, you can't keep going on like this. If you really miss him, alright, let's go to Germany. I'll take you there." I ruffled my hair in frustration.

"There is no point for you to living like this. It's useless. The time that has been lost, the event that has been passed, the words you have said, those things will never return in your life." I unconsciously yelled at him, then a hand squeezing my shoulder tried to calm me.