Chapter 15

Seoul - October 2016

Taehyung's P.O.V

I drag him into the trouble again. Because of me, Bogum Hyung gets so many hates and malicious comment.

"Hyung, you don't need to do this. Just let them be. I can handle it" I said trying to stop him to post the video message

"Tae, listen to me. I'm doing this in my own accord, not because of you. I don't want them to interfere with my private life. If I let them do this, they'll continue to do the same in the future. Who I am friends with, who I am dating with, they'll going to control me over that subject. it doesn't matter to me if this video message ends my career as an actor." He pushes the Tweet button

"But hyung... "

"Okay, let say I'm doing this for you. Then doesn't it mean you need to pay me back?" I gulped

"Yeah, of course. What should I do then? Telling the media that we actually didn't know each other? That you're just lying to protect me?"

"You stupid. What kind of bullshit you're talking about," he snorted irritably

"Then what should I do to pay you back hyung?"

Bogum hyung hold my hand and pulled me to face him. "Be a better you. For you, for your family, for your friend, and for me. Can you do that?"

I just stunned. Be a better me? Can I do that? me? This useless disgusting human being?

"Don't think too low of yourself. The only lacking side of you is thinking too much about what the others say about yourself. If they don't know you personally, then don't take it to your heart about what they said" He ruffled my, now black, hair.

"You used to be a very cheerful kid. You are someone who is full of life, very social, friendly, humble, easy to talk too, someone who's only has a good personality. That's the true you. The one in front of me, who is timid, pessimistic, low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, feeling useless, always looking down on himself, aloof, always feeling guilty, is not Kim Taehyung. He is just a shadow made by the abominations of society who doesn't know who you really are. Why should you change for someone who doesn't even know you? while your family, your friends, me, missed your old self, missed the real Kim Tahyung."

"I know it hurts so much. I know your whole heart is devastated, accompanying your sorrow for the loss of him. But it doesn't mean you can give up on yourself. The moment when you want to give up, just remembers your family and everyone who loves you. They'll help you to hold on. One of the most difficult tasks in life is removing someone from your heart, but when you do that, it can make room for better people, for a better life." He wiped away my tears, which I don't know since when I've been crying.

"Can everything go back like what it used to be, Hyung?" I sobbed in his arms

"Of course" he strokes my back in a very soothing way.

"Remember, You are one of the most popular students at Seoul National University. The handsome Kim Taehyung. You're known for your anime-like face, your kindness, your friendliness, your musical ability, and your beautiful voice. So many people queue just to become your friends."

"But right now they left me. They hate me. They don't even want to talk to me again" I looked up to him.

"They don't hate you, they just afraid about what people going to say. They just wondering and hesitating is it okay to be friend with you. And I just prove to the world that nothing goes bad when I befriend you. You are a very kind person, very great person to be friend with, and that's what matters. Be yourself, be the you that it used to be, be the real Kim Taehyung. And everything's gonna be alright. Believe me. Trust me. You just have a pair of hands, you can't use them to shut everyone's mouth. What can you do is use it to close your ears."