Chapter 5

He pushes me to the car. We didn't say much but it wasn't an awkward silence. It was peaceful. We get into the car.
"So why did you trick me?"
"I saw you at the show in Toronto, I couldn't get you out of my head all day. I saw the poster and Andy took a picture. And I posted it hoping you would comment. You did. But I didn't know what you would be like so I wanted to know first before I went any further."
"What do you mean further?"
"I'm not sure yet"
We pulled into the venue. I looked out the window at the crowd lined up waiting to get in.
"Wow" I say
"I know it never gets old."
"I wish I could do this"
"You will one day"
"ya right"
"oh cmon I've seen your videos"
"I never even told you my YouTube"
"I found it though"
"stalker." I say getting out of the car going around to the back to get my chair.
"Maybe a little" he grabs my chair and puts it on the ground, I grab my purse and sling it around my shoulder. I sit in my chair and Ashton pushes me.
"Well sound check starts at four. And the show is at 8 so we have about 15 til the rest of the guys get here. We walk into the green room. I plop my butt on the couch, him next to me. I get up and sit on his lap. My back was against the arm rest and his was on the back of the couch. I hug him. I get a notification from my phone.
"Kirsten: FACETIME ME"
I hit FaceTime.
"I OH M-ASHTON?!"
"Oh no"
"Layla why didn't you text me and what is going on where is calum!?"
"Ok chill Kirsten, the rest of them aren't here yet and yes I'm with Ashton."
"Hi Ashton!" She says while waving.
"Hi Kirsten" He says while waving back. "Got to go back to work byeeee" she hangs up.
"What up loser?" I hear Luke say while walking in the room.
"Hey guys this is Layla" He says I wave. I'm trying not to freak out. I am sitting on Ashton Irwin's lap he has his arm around my back and the other on my leg. The rest of the band is in front of me.
"How was your flight?" Michael asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"It was good, I had a window seat and no one sitting beside me so it was awesome" I giggle a bit. They are so nice. I sigh and turn to Ash.
"Pinch me" I say
"I don't wanna hurt you"
"I will!!" Luke says and walks over and punches me.
"I said pinch loser"
"Luke you can totally tell you're the youngest. Why do you want to be pinched anyways?" Ash asks.
"This is a dream, I'm sitting with my four favourite people. Not including Kirsten" I say
"This is my dream, having a really pretty amazing girl sitting on my lap" I giggle and try to hide I'm blushing.
"K Ash get ready sound check is in 15" I get up and sit back on the couch. Ash grabs his stage clothes and goes into the hall to find a bathroom.
"So I'm pretty lucky aren't I?" I say to the rest of em
"I say he's the lucky one"
"I couldn't believe my eyes when he posted about me." I looked down at my legs.
"So Layla what's your story?" Michael says.
"I don't have one" I say looking at him he's in a black T-shirt and black skinny jeans leaning against the counter top. "Everyone has a story" Cal says.
"Yea so what yours?" Michael adds.
"It's a very boring one that's for sure. I was raised by my single mother. She passed away when I was 6, I was in and out of fosters homes. I was a trouble kid. I went to juvie once. For stealing a car."
"Whoa"
"ya Ash doesn't know that yet"
"well the rest of your story" Luke says
"There's not much left I've been working since I was 12 and at 18 I bought an apartment. A lot of my money came from selling drugs. I never used just sold."
"Well that's one hell of a story"
"Just to clarify I don't sell anymore, I'm a YouTuber" I add to clarify that I'm no longer a drug dealer.
"ya we knew Ashton told us" Ashton came back in the room.
"Ready?" He asked us well went out to the hall.