Chapter 43

"Oh my gosh! Mom and dad"
"My moms getting married to my dad"
"I love this!!"
"Finally!"
"Yay I'm so happy!"
"Ugh now my chances are ruined"
"You could have done better"
"I wish she was dead"
Those are just some comments from our accounts. I shed a tear not from the mean ones but the nice ones that are happy for us. I get a notification, it's from instagram. I get a lot of messages but this name stands out to me.
"Briansmith74: hi....I just wanted to say how incredibly proud I am of you" my face drops. The tears that were once happy are now uncontrollable sobs.
"Hey Layla what's wrong? Are you ok?" Ashton says getting up from beside me on the sand and brings me into his arms. Kirsten grabs my phone. I can barely speak.
"I-in-insta-" she opens the app and goes to the message. Her face drops as well. She shows it to Ashton. He has a blank expression on his.
"What is it, what's wrong?" Michael asks rubbing my back.
"Her dad reached out to her...says he's proud." Kirsten says quietly. I stand up from where I am and start walking towards the car.
"Wait whoa whoa where are you going?" Ashton says.
"I'm gonna call him I'm gonna meet him. Take a taxi home." I walk to car and get in sending him my number. I get a call instantly.
"Hi." He says
"Meet me at Bristol cafe on queen street"
"I live right around the corner, I'll be there in two minutes." I hang up. I drive to the cafe making sure no follows me.
"Hi Layla..." he says shyly.
"You don't get to talk, you haven't had a say in my life for a long time and you don't get one now. You left my mother and I to fend for ourselves. You left me with nothing. My mother killed herself and I became a drug dealer. I built this life for myself not you. Just because I'm "famous" now doesn't mean you get a free pass in. Get out and stay out" I go back to my car. I never actually took out my chair so my legs are very weak. I sit for a moment. I look in the cafe to see Kirsten standing there. I make eye contact with her as she moves closer.
"How did you know?" I ask As she opens the door to the car.
"I know you. This was your favourite place" she gets in the car.
"How much did you see?"
"All of it"
"Did I do the right thing?"
"definitely"

"Ok who's ready to film a Q&A video with me?" I say getting in house. We all get into my filming room.
"Hey guys it's me again and today I'm here with my boys! And Kirsten is behind the camera as per usual. Today we're doing a Q&A! I asked you guys on every single platform possible for questions, I picked some from each, so here we go! Are you and Ashton gonna get married?"
"Check our recent posts" Ashton replied
"Is calum single?"
"I am not, but we're aren't going public just yet"
"Luke why are you so tall?"
"Genes I guess" we laugh.
"Layla what is your heritage?"
"I'm actually polish and Italian, my dad came over from Poland"
"What's the best part about being on Tour with the boys? Least favourite?"
"Well that best is being with them and getting to perform that one time. But the worst is being away from my sister" I say looking at her