Chapter 45

We're on the plane to LA, it's always a long flight and for the most part we sleep but I wanted to talk to Ashton.
"Hey babe, I have something to tell you.."
"What is it are you okay?"
"Ya ya I'm fine but Kirsten thinks I should tell you that you are my first..."
"Well I thought I knew that when we did it for the first time...?"
"Well ya but you're also my first everything else, first kiss-"
"Well you're great at it"
"My first makeout session"
"You're also pretty great at that"
"My first boyfriend"
"Ok how? You're beautiful, how has no one dated you before??"
"Ashton no one wants to date a drug dealer in a wheelchair" I say bluntly, he chuckles.
"Well you're a pretty great girlfriend and fiancé if I do say so myself." I laugh and lean into his chest as he pulls his arm over my shoulder.
"This is gross" Calum says leaning over. He was sitting beside me and Ashton, I had a window seat and Ashton was in the middle.
"You and Kirsten are also "gross" so fuck off" I say giving him the finger. He laughs and sticks his headphones back in.

Before we knew it we landed and we're on our way to the label.
"I hate this place" I say looking at the tall building out the window. I hate it because of one reason. These people are trying split up Ash and I.
"I know you do but they just wanted to talk."
"Wait I thought you said it was to practice" I say getting angry, did he really lie?
"I know and it is but we just also have a small meeting before the show tomorrow" I keep looking out the window wondering what will happen. I hope I can still keep my best friends close to me. I start to get anxiety. I feel like I can't breathe and I'm all of a sudden really sweaty. I text Kirsten.
"I think I'm having an anxiety attack but I don't want anyone else to know" she replies almost instantly.
"In through your nose out through your mouth." she replies
I breathe the way she told me to.
"Ok."
"Try and empty your mind of everything else, and just relax, hug Ashton!"
"He lied to me about why we are going to the label, he said it was practice but it's also a meeting" I send it as I'm getting out of the car. I've been able to use my arm more and more so I start to push myself in my chair. I feel someone starting pushing me and I look up to see Michael.
"Thanks" I say for only him to hear.
"It was a dick move" he says a little louder.

We got into the room and my anxiety becomes a little more noticeable, so noticeable Ashton came over to me.
"I know you're mad but I'm worried about you, you're sweating, your breathing is heavier and you can't stop fiddling, you also look like you're going to cry" he says kneeling next to me. I wish I wasn't so soft for him, if this was anyone else I could reject it but I just can't.
"I'm still mad but I need you to calm me down" he grabs my hands and helps me out of my chair. He wraps his arms around my body and I put my head in his chest. He runs his hand up and down my back, his scent and his touch make me feel better.
"Awe look at the happy couple" we hear rich say.
"Hey Rich" Ashton says in a monotone voice.
"Hello boys! I just wanted to talk to you for a bit. How's tour going?"
"It was good TIL you threw a wrench into it but we made our way around it" Ashton said still holding me.
"Yes I saw that, I think it's......bold."
"It's cute" Luke says defending us.
"Yes sure, well we can't do anything about that but we can support you, we're giving you 5,000 dollars to use for the wedding. You will be inviting VIP guests such as Halsey, one direction etc. And it will broadcasted, it will be here in LA."
"Uh we wanted to have it in Aussie so my family can come and Cals and Mikes and Lukes." Ashton says.
"It will be in LA"
"Does it have to be broadcasted I'm kinda a private person" I add.
"Oh well you weren't private about the engagement." He fires back.
"Hey, that was our choice, can we please keep this in the down low?" Ashton asks.
Rich sighs.
"You know what fine, but you're putting out another album less then a year after tour ends, and will be doing a tour after that one too. And that's my final offer" he says.
"Can we have a sec to talk this over?" Calum says. Rich leaves us alone in the room.
"Ok so we have to take the second one." Michael says
"No guys that's a lot for you" I add.
"Well I don't want you to be uncomfortable on our wedding day." Ashton says
"Ashton you're going to work yourself to death, all of you, if you choose number two! And I'm not putting my four favourite people through that!"
"Layla.." Luke says.
"No!! No Luke," Michael walks towards me but I put my hand up so he doesn't come closer.
"No Michael, I'm not letting you guys do this, I will broadcast my wedding and we can use the money to get everyone here for it. We can still have it on the beach." I say trying to plead to them and convince them to do it.
"Layla, we will do anything for you, you know thi-" Calum says
"And I will do anything for you, and I'm not letting you do number two." I wave my hand for Rich to come back in.
"What did you decide?"
"Numbe-" Calum starts
"1, number 1" I say cutting him off again.
"Perfect." He hands us all papers and makes us sign them.
"Make sure you read it through Layla" Luke says. I read the whole thing through.
"Wait this says my family won't be invited.." I say looking up at Rich.
"Well you don't have any anyways."
"Excuse me! Does that matter she should be able to invite anyone she wants!" Ashton says.
"That's like Crystal not inviting her family" Michael says.
"Or Sierra not inviting hers"
"Or Duke not having his friends" Calum adds making us laugh.
"Ok fine we will print the contract again and you can sign it before you leave" he leaves the room and we go to the studio. We were all silent.