Chapter 29

Ashton's POV
I came home from my two day vacation.
"Hey Layla!! I'm home!" I yell waiting for her to come running so I can lift her up and spin her around. But I see Michael coming around the corner instead.
"Where's Layla?" I ask.
"She went home. Ashton she found the messages. How was Josefina this weekend, cuz I saw Roy, he definitely wasn't in Vegas with you." Mike says, my heart sinks. I didn't want her to find out.
"She wasn't supposed to see those...." I say softly.
"Don't put this on her Ashton." He walks back to I assume his room. I see Sierra come in from outside. It looks like she's sun tanning with Luke and Crystal outside.
"Where is everyone?" I ask her.
"Everyone's outside except Michael" she says heading into the bathroom. I walk slowly to my room. I look in to find exactly how I left it before the tour even started. Before I met her. I've messed up big time. But how can I fix it?

—————-
Layla's POV
I drive home to my apartment. The drive was lonely and quiet, Kirsten took a cab home and I had my car there. When I walked into my apartment I saw something I didn't think I would see. It was letter on the floor pushed in from my mail slot. I had told my neighbour to get my mail for me.
"Hello this is your tenant, we regret to inform you but as of October 28 your apartment will have to be vacant this is your notice of eviction. For any questions please contact me." I put the letter on the glass table next to me. I leave my chair and throw my luggage and carry on bag in my room. I dial Michael's number.
"Hey." He says
"how was your flight?" he asks me
"Lonely."
"You had Kirsten" he says trying to make things better.
"I know and I am grateful for her but it's just, the last time a flew without him, it was when I went home last time."
"I'm not sure what to tell you sunshine"
"Tell me what to do.....Should I let him apologize, I mean soon no one will know where I live cuz I'm moving..." I say
"Your moving?" He says
"Ya I got the letter today, my landlord is evicting me.." I say flopping on my bed.
"I know you just flopped onto your bed and, ok one, I know he feels bad, he told me. And two, if you need help with money for a place let me know." He says, I immediately roll my eyes.
"I heard that eyeroll." He says sassily
"Thanks Michael, but I think I can manage. I was thinking of moving to Toronto, I know I'm from here but I go to Toronto a lot. And I get to see Kirsten more since she goes to school there." I say
"I have to go, we need to go to practice now but I'll text you later k?" He says
"Ya see ya." I say and hang up.
The others have all texted me including Crystal she sends the most heart warming messages out of all of them.
"Did you get home safe?" Kirsten texts me
"Ya I did I just got off the phone with Michael but guess who got evicted"
I tell her the story.

I've been home for about two hours, it's around 11pm so I decided to go to bed. I rummage through my half closet looking for something comfy to sleep in. I end up finding a sweater Ashton left here. I look at it longingly. I can't deal with this. I put the sweater in a box and put in next to my chair in my hallway. I go back to my room and change. It's been a long day.