Chapter 52

The show is over and everyone is in green room, except me. I snuck out without notice, going to the stage. I sat down in the middle.
"I made it mom, I did it." I pick at my shoes.
"Are you proud of me? I'm getting engaged to the man I love, he doesn't beat me like dad did, you and I. He loves me, I miss you. I hope your proud. I'm gonna be a singer....I made it mommy" I say wiping away a tear. I feel a hand on my back. It's Ashton.
"Uh Sorry" I saying looking back down at the stage floor.
"I'm sorry, I wish she could be here"
"I wish you could have met her, she would have liked you"
"Hey, Mrs Smith, I know Layla misses you but I know in my heart you're proud of her, and I am too" he says looking up and with the last part looking down at me.
"I love you" I say getting up.
"I love you to babe, now let's go back with everyone" I get back into my chair and Ashton pushes me back to the green room.
"Hey where did you go?" Kirsten says to me.
"For a walk.." I sorta lie. She nods at me. I leave my chair in a corner and get up to say hello to everyone.
"Layla you did amazing! I'd say you were better then my brother" Ben says laughing and giving me a hug. I laugh as well.
"Nooooo I'd need a lot more practice to even compare to them at all" I say looking at Luke who's coming over.
"Great job" Luke says hugging me.
"Didn't she do better then you?" Ben says
"I don't think anyone is better then me!" Luke says being dramatic and flipping his hair. We laugh.
"Are you stealing my daughter in law Ben?" Anne says coming to give me a hug.
"Nah she's all yours."
"Actually she's mine mom" Ashton says picking me up and spinning me around. I giggle,
"I've never been fought over"
"We're not fighting they already lost and I'm the winner" Ashton says, he's now hugging me from behind.
"I'd say I'm the winner" I say.
"Nah I'm the winner I have both you plus Lauren and Harry" Anne says.
"But I have all of you and you mom" Lauren adds
"We're are all winners" Harry says at the top of his lungs. Everyone laughs. Ashton leaves me and picks up Harry. Slamming him in the couch and starts tickling him.
"Ahhh you nerd! Stop!!"
"I'll save you Harry" Calum yells running over and jumping onto Ashton's back.
"Agh" Ashton grabs Calum and throws him in the floor.
"Ones of you guys is gonna get hurt." I say crossing my arms.
"I hope it's Ashton!" Harry says. Ashton plops in the couch exhausted.
"You did greatttt" Michael says hugging me from behind.
"Thanks Mikey" I say hugging him back.
"Ekkkk Layla!" Kirsten says running over.
"I just got an email from school and I'm in for early graduation!!!!" She yells. THIS IS GREAT.
"AHHHHH THIS IS AMAZING IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BABY!" I yell hugging her. Everyone starts clapping and she goes red. Calum runs over and picks her up.
"I'm so proud of you!" He says squeezing her.
"I think I'm finally ready." She says smiling. I stand up from the couch and start jumping around.
"FINALLY" Calum and I yell at the same time. I look over to Joy who looks confused. Calum also noticed.
"Mom, she's graduating early from Med school and she's finally ready to release the fact that we're dating!" He says kissing her face. She laughs.