Chapter 40

Kirsten POV
I pick up my phone once I got home from school. I dialled Cals number
"Hey babe what's up?" He answers.
"Hey we have a problem, she hasn't showered since she's been home, it's been three days, she's barely eaten anything. She hasn't left her room. The moving people brought her stuff in here and I've been leaving it alone and she hasn't touched it. She only gets up to go to the bathroom and thats it." I say trying to make him understand how hard this is for me to watch.
"Ashtons been busting his ass trying to fix this he almost missed sound check this morning."
"I don't know what to do honestly, what's he come up with?" I ask him.
"Impregnation!" I hear Michael yell.
"Ya she's not gonna like that one very much."
"She doesn't want kids?" He asked.
"No she doesn't think she could give them the best life." I say being truthful, she doesn't think a mom in a wheelchair, is the best thing for a baby.
"Well if it's any constellation I think she would make an amazing mom." I laugh
"Is that the only thing you guys could come up with?"
"Ya pretty much..." he says.
"Well I should get her dinner.....maybe. I'll talk to you soon babe."
"I love you"
"I love you too" I hang up and grab the cup of soup and bring in to her room.
"Well at least your face up this time. Why don't we go out tomorrow I don't have classes."
"I don't know I just want to be with him I can't think of anything to fix this." I hand her the cup and she actually eats some of it.
"I was talking to Cal.....the one thing that could definitely fix it you won't like."
"Wha is it....?" she says with a noodle hanging out of her mouth
"It would involve something you and Ashton already do....but then nine months later there's a lot of pain and then more pain for like......18 years..." I say trying to make it obvious but not flat out saying it. She almost spits out her soup.
"That's the best they could come up with?" She asks. I nod
"Ya they're working on it though."
"So am I" She says finishing her soup.
"I know I've been kind of a stick in the mud and I'm-"
"No, you don't have to apologize, your life has just been ripped out of your hands and I think I would probably do the same thing" it's true, I would lie in bed all day wearing his sweater trying to wake up from the nightmare.
"Thank you for being here for me"
"It's not a big deal, you live in the apartment below me" we laugh and hug.

Ashton's POV
I sit down on the bus wondering what else I could do. The only for sure things is a baby. But one other thing that could work is me leaving the band. I don't want to do it but if it means I can be with the love of my life then maybe I should do it.
"Hey Michael what's up?" I ask as he walks in the bus.
"Not much I just wanted to talk to ya. You've been kinda distant" he replies.
"Ya I'm sorry I just have a huge decision to make.."
"What do you mean?" He asks sitting next to me. I pick at my finger nails wondering if I should lie.
"Michael, there's two ways to get back with her, one, we could have a baby. Two," I sigh.
"I could leave the band." I say looking down at my shoes.
"Ash..."
"I don't know what to do.." I admit.
"What if I told you that wasn't the only way" he says, I instantly perk up because I'm desperate.