Chapter 39

We walk into the venue and their manger Rich, is standing there with some other people from the label. They all shake hands and say their hellos, I guess the meeting is happening in the hallway.
"Hi, Layla nice to finally meet you" He says shaking my hand.
"Ya, I don't have to be here if you want.." I say hesitantly.
"No no I was hoping you would be here. I wanted to talk to mostly you and Ashton. There has been a lot of drama surrounding you guys, particularly right now, your arm. I don't know how much longer I can let this go on. My ideal situation for the band would be for you two to break up peacefully so the band can continue tour"
"Not a chance" Ashton says. I was nervous before but now I feel like puking.
"I just want things to be low key, and that means no more pissing off fans"
"I've never done anything to a fan" I say defending myself.
"Well yesterday at the hotel, you said you couldn't take a photo, look at your ar-"
"Ok that fan was holding up a hate sign and a fan didn't break my arm cuz she was pissed off at me!" I say trying to act like victim which, I am.
"She's the victim here" Ashton says
"Don't lie" he says. I let a tear escape my eye as I look at Michael. I can tell he doesn't know what to say, neither do the rest of them. I try to wheel myself away when I realize I can't. I throw my sling to the ground and push myself back outside and towards the outdoor stage.
"Layla wait!" Michael says.
"Put it back on." I'm crying like crazy not just because of what he said but because I really shouldn't have pushed my elbow that hard.
"It's hurts" I say grabbing it.
"I know," he squats next to me and helps me put the sling back on.
"He's in their arguing with him." He says. I lean into his chest.
"Maybe I should just leave" I say quietly.
"That would kill us. There's a reason Ashton gave you that ring a reason he told you the truth about Josefina, a reason he told you he wasn't Katie or whatever fake name he used." I smile.
"See." He takes me back inside.
"I'm sorry Layla." Ashton says to me the minute I get back in but it's a different kind of sorry. I look at the others standing behind Rich. Luke has his hands covering his mouth, Calum has his hands on his hips and head hung, Crystal is crying. Michael places his hand in my shoulders
"Layla you'll be going back to Canada this is your last show and the last time you get to see these boys" Rich says leaving. I'm numb. I'm crying my face is wet with tears and I can hear Ashton sobbing. I slowly stand up. I dash outside running, not knowing where I'm going but I'm going somewhere. I can hear footsteps after me.
"Layla stop!" I turn around out of breathe.
"Ashton I can't, I have to go, I can't"
"Layla I'm gonna figure this out I promise but for now let's just be us please, let's forget any of that ever happened just for today. Please"
"Ashton I love you." He picks me up knowing just fine, my knees are going to start to buckle soon and I'll fall on my face. We walk back down the drive way and see Michael with my chair. Ashton places me in it and walk inside to the green room.