Chapter 4- The Goblin Cave

Start from the beginning

"Heh, it looks like you guys heard the cry from that goblin back there. Alright I'm hoping your numbers will at least cover for your lack of brains"

Kami raised his sword fully as the goblins charged him. The first goblin jumped into the air and tried to swing its club down at him. However, he was much faster and swiftly slashed at the goblin cutting it in half before it even saw the sword swing its direction. Immediately after that Kami ducked as three of the goblins approached him and had tried to hit him with their clubs. He grasped his sword and swung it horizontally on a three-sixty motion instantly slicing up the three goblins. The remaining two managed to freeze in their tracks but remained still as he kicked the ground to close up on them and once again swung his sword to take them both out at the same time.

"Phew that actually made me feel like a real badass" he said looking behind and seeing the goblin corpses.

A larger number appeared in his eyes with the text saying

[EXP+16]

"Ha! Time to keep moving then!"

He turned around and started to run forward. Kami began feeling a rush of energy as he continued to advance into the cave. If he remembered correctly soon he'll be at the center of the cave where the goblins were heavily concentrated as well. Beyond that would be the room where that one guy was.

This is turning out to be a lot more fun than I had intended it to be!

After a few minutes of running he came to a halt. There was a metal door that seemed to be locked blocking his path. He didn't think there would be a form of security here considering that no one probably knew about this place. This wasn't going to stop him either way. He clenched his free hand into a fist and lifted it up towards the door.

"Haaaa!!"

With only a fraction of his strength he punched the door. There was an explosion of dust and rocks as the door flew black into the room and landed on some of the goblins that were guarding the villagers. He instantly ran inside and started wildly swings his sword at the goblins before they realized what was happening. By the time a few of the goblins figured out there was an intruder it was too late. Many of the goblins were already laying on the floor dead.

The villagers stared in awe as Kami stood in front of them holding his sword at the remaining goblins.

"W-who's that?" spoke one of the villagers.

"It must be an adventurer!" replied a female voice.

"W-were saved!" spoke a much older man.

The villagers were locked behind bars that had been custom made from the cave. It would seem the goblins had taken them prisoner after all.

"I'm here to save you fine people of the Itsu Village. Worry not for I Kami come to deliver you from ruin!"

That was my grand line?! I sound like some noble whack job holding a sword. Please if there's a god- wait. Agh I wasn't prepared!!!

Despite his thoughts his faced remained calm and serious as he looked at the goblins. Many of the villagers responded in awes and even began to cheer for him.

They actually liked that?! Whatever I'll take it!

Before he could embarrass himself any further he ran up to the remaining goblins and killed them before they could fully react. This inspired even more awes from the villagers as they began to speak among themselves.

"T-the way he moves. It's so fast!"

"That's an adventurer for you. Nothing they can't handle with these goblins!"