"We are," Yu nodded. "We are done, Grampy. Because I finally made a decision. For a long time, I held on to the hope that you will see reason and accept my relationship with Qing. But after that humiliating scene in the convention, my eyes were finally opened, you won't like Qing for me. Much more accept him. And I understand that. So I made the decision to leave and be with him..."

"Yu ah!" ZhuTuan and I both exclaimed in worry.

My father in law has a different reaction. He got livid. "Do you really want to be disown?! Feng Jian Yu?"

"No," Yu replied, still in the calm tone. "Who wants to be disown by his family? I don't want that, Grampy. But I love Qing. As much as I love our family. I want to be with him. You won't accept him. What should I do?"

"You have done what you should do. You broke up with him! That is fine," I said.

Yu winced at me, "But I told you already, we didn't broke up. We took time to be apart, to do what we need to do. Qing had finished his work. This is mine. To tell you guys that I will be leaving our home to live with Qing."

"No! No! Yu ah!" I shook my head frantically. I moved forward, sitting almost on the edge of the sofa. "I won't accept this. You will not leave this home..."

Yu gave me a sad but determined look. "I will. I already packed my stuff. Unless you restrained me, I will leave today with Qing. He will pick me up. Six weeks had been enough. You all had me for six long weeks. I did what you all want. I tried spending as much time with all of you. I showed you who I really am. Six weeks are enough."

I felt shock at what he said. "You...stayed quietly in this house for six weeks because...you planned to leave us all along?" ZhuTuan asked our son in an amazed tone.

I don't blame my husband. What Yu is saying...it's out of the realm of my imagination. Yu is saying that he stayed in our home for six weeks, not going out, without contacting that Wang boy, because in the end, Yu is leaving us.

Yu nodded, "That's enough time for all of you to know me. The real me. And because you know me now, you must realize that you cannot stop me. No threat of disownment or disinheritance can stop me. I'm sorry, Grampy. I'm sorry Baba, Mama. I know you are all disappointed, I am apologizing for making you all feel like that. But I am not sorry for making decisions for myself. It's time that you all trust me to look after myself. I can take care of myself. It's time to let me go..."

I put a hand on my chest. I feel my heart constricting at every word Yu is uttering.

He is leaving. My son...is leaving us.

I was about to protest some more when another helper came inside the living room. "Sirs. Ma'am...we have visitors." The helper gave Yu an uneasy look. "They said that they are the Wangs."

"Oh my..." I found myself closing my eyes and leaning heavily on ZhuTuan upon hearing who our guests are.

The Wangs. They are finally here.

Oh my...

"MiLen," ZhuTuan supported me. I opened my eyes to gaze at him, "Can't we turn them away? I don't think I can face anyone right now..." I pleaded to my husband.

"No one is turning anyone away." Yu spoke as he stood up. "Qing is here for me. This is what we agreed upon. He is here to help me move out..."

"That is enough!" My father in law finally spoke up with authority. "No one is leaving my home..."

"I am leaving..." Yu said determinedly. Meeting his grandfather's eyes. "Now, seeing me again will depend on how gracious will you all be in my leaving. If you want this to be hostile, then so be it. We already had a scruffle in front of the whole world, I won't care to fight this out in private. But I am telling you all, I will be leaving this house, today."