56.00

Harry's Point Of View

I pushed the door of our dormitory open, and let out a sigh when I saw Draco sprawled across his bed, a half empty bottle clutched in his hands.

He looked up when he saw me, and groaned, rolling his eyes.

"Are you here to shout too?" He said coldly.

"No." I said, deciding against picking a fight with him while he was drunk.

"Thank God." He mumbled.

I sat down on the bed beside him, and took the bottle from him taking a gulp and wincing slightly as it burned my throat.

"I don't know how you drink so much of that." I said, taking a small sip and putting the bottle onto his bedside table.

"It helps." He whispered.

I settled down beside him, and he rest his head on my chest.

"It's not good for you Draco." I said, running my fingers through his messy hair.

"I don't care Potter." He mumbled.

"Well I do."

He didn't reply, and soon his breathing deepened and I knew he was asleep.

I carefully got off the bed, moving a pillow under his head.

And left the room, turning off the lamps.

Hermione, Pansy and Blaise remained in the common room. Ron and the others having disappeared a while before.

"How is he?" Pansy asked, as I sat down beside her.

"He's sleeping now, but he wasn't in good shape." I said, and Pansy hugged me which I was grateful for.

"He'll be okay. He's been through worse and come out the other side." Blaise said.

"That's exactly what I'm worried about, has he been through too much now? Is this the tipping point?" I said.

"I don't know. Draco's strong, a lot stronger than we give him credit for. None of us can understand what he went through, the best thing now is to just leave him alone to cool off." Pansy said.

"I think she's right Harry." Hermione said.

"Yeah okay." I mumbled, and leant back into the chair.

"Where's the rest of the group?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"Neville went to talk to Professor Sprout. And Ron, Dean and Seamus went to Ron's room." Hermione said.

I got a strong urge to go in and confront them, but I knew it would make everything a thousand times worse than it already was.

"I'm going for a walk." I said and stood up quickly, walking out of  the common room before anyone had time to act.

I closed the door behind me and set out into the castle, one thing on my mind.

Answers.