43.00

The clock ticked achingly slow.
4-32

I flopped back onto the bed, and stretched my arms out above my head.

I looked over at the clock again.
4-32

Great. It hasn't even been a minute.

A gentle knock sounded on the door. I didn't bother sitting up,

"Come In." I called, and immediately after the door creaked open.

I heard footstep enter the room and the door closed gently.

"Draco?"

"Pansy."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah."

I sat up, letting out a sigh as blood rushed to my head, making me feel faint.

"Do you wanna get some air? You've been stuck in here since breakfast."  Her eyebrows were creased, she had her hair pulled back onto a loose bun, it was different for her.

"You look nice today."

"Oh.. Um thanks Draco. So do you want to go for a walk?"

I nodded and stood up, quickly pulling on my beat up shoes, and following her to the door.

She paused infront of it, "He'll be back soon. Don't worry."

"I know Pan, let's go."

~~

We sank down into the damp grass beside the Black Lake, not talking, but her presence was enough to comfort me.

I pulled out a packet of cigarettes and took one out, lighting it and taking in a deep draw.

Pansy scowled in disgust and I shrugged, closing my eyes and letting out the smoke, resting my head against the rough bark of the ancient tree.

"You said you would stop."

"It helps Pan, would you rather I used another coping method?"

"Not if it's the same methods you used to use."

"Precisely." I deadpanned, and took in another draw of the cigarette.

I heard footsteps approaching, and opened my eyes to see Luna and Harry.

"Hey." I greeted them.

"Hello Draco." Luna said airily, she smiled at Pansy, who stood up and gave her a hug.

Harry sat down beside me and pecked my lips.

Pansy and Luna walked off back towards the castle together, leaving us alone.

"Since when do you smoke?"

"When I need to."

"I take it you've heard what the verdict was?" Harry changed topic quickly.

"I knew before the trial even started to be honest."

Harry nodded, he took the cigarette out of my hand and threw it away.

I didn't say anything, because I knew he was doing it for my own good.

"How've you been coping?" Harry questioned.

"I'm doing okay."

"Are you sure?" He stared intently at me, scanning my face as though he would be able to sense whether I was lying or not.

"Yeah. I'm better than I thought I would be, given the circumstances."

Harry leant his head against my shoulder, "I'm glad."

A/N: I wrote like three versions of this chapter but I decided on this because the other ones were a bit deep, and depressing.