27.00

I glanced over at Harry, who was sitting opposite me in the great hall, his mouth full of bacon and egg, intently scanning the daily prophet.

"I'm gonna do it." I blurted out before I could stop myself.

Harry's eyes snapped to mine, his features etched with confusion. He hastened to swallow his food, replying with a question;

"What?"

"I'm gonna do it." I repeated myself.

"Yeah I know, I heard you the first time. Do what exactly?"

"Visit him."

Harry scanned my face, as if looking to see if something wrong.

"Okay... What's with the sudden change of heart?"

I shrugged and looked back down at the muggle novel I was reading.

"So when are you gonna go?"

"Today."

Harry choked on his food, making my eyes snap up to his again.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded as he gasped for breath.

"Sorry, I thought you said today."

"I did."

"Draco, are you okay? Did you hit your head this morning?"

"I'm perfect thanks Potter. I want to get it over and done with. We've got the day off, may as well put it to good use."

Harry nodded slowly, looking skeptically at me.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to go with you?"

I hadn't thought of whether I would go alone or not.

"If you don't mind. You'll probably have to wait in a separate room, it's family only."

"Of course I don't mind. And after, we can go out for a bit, enjoy the day."

I nodded and tried to smile, the reality dawning on me that I would have to face him in a matter of hours.

~~

I pressed my clammy hands against the cool metal of the table, my heart pounding as I glared at the steel door, dreading the moment it would open.

I took a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm my heat-rate, but it was useless.

The door swung open with an eery creaking. My heart stopped as my eyes met a pair that I knew all too well. My father.

A/N omg nearly 600 reads what!? It's crazy how much I've written and it's growing so quickly!