Who

3 years. 3 years since the last time we were all together. That’s 157 weeks, 1096 days and 26279 hours. That long.

- Flash back -

“I’m really going to miss you guys” Sophie sighed as she wheeled her black suitcase up next to her, letting the handle fall back inside of the highly packed suitcase. Silver marker pen stars lining the side of the case from Rebecca’s boredom back at the large house they had just left and a small brightly coloured bracelet wrapped around the cold metal pole from Liam. He’d made it when he was 4 years old in preschool with the help of Mrs Riley, the teaching assistant. “It’s not going to be the same, and it’s going to be far too hot there, you know I prefer to just hide away in a corner in a blanket with a cup of tea and a book” Sophie whined folding her arms irresistibly causing Liam to laugh and shake his head.

“We know, but there’s nothing we can do about it, blame your parents jobs” He sighed gently. The sound of the overhead voice came across the speakers, telling everyone to make their way to the gate to board the plane.

“Well, I guess this is it guys” Rebecca said quietly as her eyes slowly filled with hot tears. Her glasses beginning to fog up as Sophie groaned.

“No, no crying right now, wait until I’ve gone” She sighs pulling the two best friends into a hug, kissing their temples. “Never forget how much I love you alright? We’ll see each other soon. I promise” She said holding her pinky finger out to the other two peers. Their fingers all locking together as Sophie soon made her way to the plane waiting for everybody to board.

During the course of the flight, a choice of films from Netflix were available due to the extremely long flight. Sophie’s eyes scanned the selection of movies, finally finding one that suited her current mood. She clicked on the film, curling up against the window with her headphones plugged into her ears. The logo of ‘The Little Mermaid’ appeared, causing a soft but sad smile to appear on her lips. This film had been the film the three best friends had called their life line. It was the thing that always kept them together. The film progressed on and the certain line stood out, causing it to tumble from her lips like it was nothing. ‘The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake’ was the small amount of words that brought a jaw breaking smile to her lips, giving her the best flight she could have.