I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter23)

"What is it now?" I asked. 

A few seconds passed and a voice came. Not just any voice. 

"Jayleen? It's me."

I froze. I'm dreaming. He cannot be calling me. It's been so long since I've heard the sound of his voice. I've missed his voice like crazy. I dream about it almost everyday.

But why is he calling me? I was barely getting better. I'm pregnant with his baby. Does he know? Wait! He can't.. Only Kyler and Jessy know! I took a deep breathe and climbed out of bed. 

I'm going to have to break up with him all over again and I hated it. I wanted nothing more but to shout my address at him. Knowing that he was on the other line waiting for me to talk, made my heart heavy with pain. 

"Jayleen, please don't hang up on me!" his sweet voice pleaded. I groaned internally and went to stand near the window. I touched my belly which was barely growing. I would tell your daddy we're having you, but it's going to ruin many things. He's getting married with a lady who's much more than me. 

"You need to stop calling me, Ayden," I said with a rough voice. I could't help but let my voice crack as I said his name. I haven't said his name in a while…

"I can't, Jayleen. Please stop avoiding me" he pleaded desperate. I chocked back a sob. He still wanted me. I still want him. Why does everything have to be so difficult. 

I sighed and wiped my tears away. "Ayden, you have a life ahead of you. Make yourself happy with Piper. I am happy here," I lied.

"You're lying to me." he whispered.

"I am not. I am happy where I am. You should be happy where you are."

"Tell me where you are, Jayleen. I know you're not happy. You can't be happy without me. Like I can't be happy without you," he told me and my heart broke. 

"Be rational, Ayden. It's not going to work out. It was a mistake since the beginning." I lied. I hated being like this. Hated it! 

"Then you're the best mistake ever, Jay. I miss you, and I know you miss me too.." he said painfully. I nodded to myself. I've missed you so much. I've missed your kisses. I've missed your adorable laugh. I miss the way you would leave my pillows smelling. I missed everything about you. But I could't tell him that.

"Ayden, stop calling me. I've moved on and so should you," I snapped and hung up. God, I've no where near moved on. My phone started ringing again and I started crying. I need to stop this. 

"Ayden, stop calling me. Stop asking for me. I've moved on." I practically yelled, but my tears wouldn't stop coming. 

"Jayleen, can you stop lying?! You know exactly that we both want to be together! Just tell me where you are so we can talk in person!" he said sounding frustrated. 

"And what good is that going to be? I am not lying when I say I started to move on!" I forced myself to say.