I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter17)

(Chapter17)

Ayden's POV

As I got ready for work, I couldn't stop thinking about Jayleen. I hate that she had the night shift, if she didn't, I'd spent all night with her. I miss her already.. And I don't even think of Piper.. I don't miss Piper.

I can't believe I was madly in love with Piper before the car accident. I adored her so much, she was perfect for me. Then I had to wake up and stared into brown warm eyes that changed my feelings. I could say that I wish this didn't happen, but a part of me is grateful because now I have Jayleen.

I walked towards to my car and my phone started to ring, I was hoping it would have been Jayleen, but it was Piper.

"Hello?" I answered dryly. I have to act less gloomy around her.

"Hey sweetie!" Piper chippered. She's such a morning person!

"Hey," I said and got in.

"I was wondering if you could have breakfast with me?" she asked me, using her cute voice that I once couldn't resist. I sighed.

"Sure, the same as usual?" I asked.

"Yes! And I was wondering if you could go cake sampling this afternoon?" she asked, using her cute voice again. I frowned. I didn't want too..

"Sure," I said, forcing my voice to sound joyful.

"Okay! See you here! I love you," she said.

"Me too," I said and snapped the phone shut. I hated this! I don't love her.

I drove silently to the restaurant, wondering if I could call Jayleen. Maybe she's already sleeping, I shouldn't bother her.. she must be tired.

I get to the restaurant and see a familiar car that looks like Jayleen's. Jeez, now everything I see reminds me of her.

I walk in and my eyes go wide. Piper isn't sitting alone, Jayleen was in front of her! Why didn't she mention anything!

"Ayden, baby!"

I felt my heart start beating when Piper stands up and hugged me. Jayleen stands up and she looks hurt, but tries not to show it.

I lock eyes with Jayleen and she just looked so sad, and I wanted to pull Piper off of me and go comfort her and tell her I don't want Piper that I want her…

"Hey," I said and kissed Piper on the cheek, I noticed Jayleen hands locked together and looked away. I pulled away from Piper a little too fast and went towards Jayleen. Seeing Jay in pain is unacceptable. I just had to make her feel better.

"J-Jayleen, nice to see you again," I said, she looked away from me as I kissed her cheek. She took a step away from me and I didn't like that.

"Nice seeing you here… Ayden," she forced out, frowning. I turned to see if Piper noticed how we were acting towards each other, but as always, she didn't notice anything.

We all down and Piper crushed herself onto my side. Jay didn't bother looking at us instead she was looking at her lap, with a frown on her beautiful face.

We all sat in silence until the waitress came.

"Hi, can I get you anything?" she asked.

"Can I get a coffee?" Piper asked, then she looked at Jay and I.

"Me too, please," Jayleen and I whispered at the same time. I looked at her and she was looking at Piper with a forced smile.

"Like I was saying Jayleen, I'm just busy with the wedding. Ayden is going to help me choose what cake we're going to get today," Piper started saying, with excitement and kissed my cheek. Shit! I looked at Jayleen who looked hurt again. I turned to Piper and gave her a nod, agreeing with her.