Chapter Seventy Nine

Songs For This Chapter:

· You My Everything - Ellie Goulding

· Spectrum - Zedd

· Forever - Haim

· Story Of My Life - One Direction

Jade's POV

As Harry and I begun walking through the airport, a wave of anxiety hit me. London was never much of a problem for me, I fitted in easily. A few weeks were rough but once I got a job, things became slightly easier.

It wasn't London that scared me, it was returning to Holmes Chapel that did. My hometown of so many broken dreams. The town where my parents were buried,  it had been 3 1/2 years since I visited their graves. The town where I had my first kiss, first boyfriend. The town where I lost my virginity, gave my innocence to Harry,  when at the time he didn't deserve it. 

"Kitten, I'm going to carry your suitcase okay?" Harry asked as we approached the baggage claim.

I nodded and smiled falsely.  I  didn't trust my own voice at that moment to even say a simple 'Hello.' Honestly on the outside, I was smiling.  But on the inside, I was screaming. I was screaming in fear, fear that something would go wrong.

Harry picked up my suitcase and unlaced our fingers so he could pick up his also.  "Y' okay baby?" Harry asked softly and I just nodded my head yet again.  Even if I tried to tell him how I was feeling,  he wouldn't have understood.  He didn't have everything ripped away from him, all for a bet.

Harry stopped walking and sat down our suitcase onto the ground. He pulled out his cellphone from the pocket of his jumper and smiled. "Liam just texted. " Harry said, smiling "He's parked in front." I just nodded again,  It was taking all of me not to just turn around and run in the direction of the ticket holder. I was so damn scared,  I felt as if I was trembling.

He slid the phone back into the pocket of his jumper and picked up our suitcases before  walking to the exit. Harry opened up the door with his right elbow and held it open so I could pass. "T-Thank you." I stuttered.

I placed my right hand on the door and Harry slid on through. He looked around for a couple seconds before smiling and exclaiming "There's Liam's truck."

Harry didn't wait for me to respond, instead he just begun walking in the direction of Liam's truck. I sighed but followed soon after.    Harry placed our suitcases on the bed of the truck and opened up the back door on the passengers side. I slid in, Harry  climbed in after me and shut the door.  "Thanks for picking us up mate, and for allowing us to stay at your flat." Harry said as I frowned at the girl in the front passengers seat.

"J-Jamie? " I asked.  The girl flipped her brunette hair off of her shoulder and turned around to look at me. "Jade? Oh my gosh it's been years! "

I rolled my eyes at her. "Yeah, years. "

Liam shot me a glare through the rearview mirror, I just squinted my eyes and glared back at him. If only he knew the shit that his little slag did to me. 

"Baby." Harry whispered into my ear. "Want a cuddle?" I nodded, smiling. Harry smiled and wrapped his left arm around my shoulders.   I moved over to where I could lay my head upon his chest. Harry pecked my forehead and I hummed in satisfaction.

Liam and Jamie talked from the front seat and I giggled silently as Harry quietly mocked them. After a little while I started to get tired, I closed my eyes and hoped that when I opened them, we would have finished the three and a half hour drive to Holmes Chapel.  That's all that I could have hoped for.

-

"Kitten." Harry nudged my right shoulder. "We're in Holmes now." I picked up my head from Harry's chest and turned my attention to the driver's side window.

As we passed the familiar buildings,I couldn't stop myself from crying. I sobbed quietly as we drove by the cemetery where my parents were buried, and as we drove by Me and Harry's old flat building.  The town at one time I wished would burn to the ground just so I could dance in it's ashes. Holmes was the  town of my broken dreams.

Harry bumped his knee against mine. I turned my head  to look at him, he smiled and pointed with his right index finger towards my window.  I turned my head to look out the window, just as we passed Holmes Chapel Bakery.  The bakery where Harry and I had met.

Liam shifted in his seat as we passed the old park where Mum and Dad would take us on the weekends. "Do you remember Jade, Mum and Dad would take us there on the weekends? "

"Yeah I remember. "

"And they'd tell us, if we were good they'd buy us a lolly." He added.

"Mhmm." I said quietly.  I quickly bit my tounge to stop myself from wailing. 

"Are you guys peckish?" Jamie asked to no one in particular.

"Yeah." Harry replied.  "What about you, babe?"

" 'M fine." I replied. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" He whispered to me.

"This town." I finally admitted.

"What do you mean?"

"This town brings back too many bad memories. "

"Look at me." Harry instructed.  I turned my head and looked into his eyes. He placed his right index and middle fingers under my chin and tilted my head back. He smiled slightly as he brought his plush red lips closer and closer to me. Once  our lips were finally brushing against each others, he whispered "Let's forget all the pain you had here, and focus on the present.  I promise you, our week here will not be bad."

"Okay. " I murmured.

"Just remember this, I loved you then. I just didn't realise it. But I love you more and more with each passing day."

A/N: Thank you all for your kind hearted responces to my last author's note about my depression.  It means alot to me that I have such wonderful readers who are so caring. And ah, I just love you all♥

This chapter may have been a bit boring but it needed to be done. It'll be an important for a chapter in the future. 

Question Of The Chapter: What do you think of Jade's attitude towards coming back to Holmes Chapel.  Is it stupid or understandable?