Chapter Thirty Seven

Songs for this chapter:
· Good Enough - Little Mix
· Pretend It's Okay - Little Mix
· Right Now - One Direction

Jade's POV

"So, when are we allowed to make calls?" I asked Emily after exhaling the smoke from my cigarette.

"We're only allowed two calls per day, and only a half an hour per call."

"Like on our cells?"

"Yeah, but we're monitored. Like one of the nurses watches us. They watch everything."

"Why?"

"To see if anything that the people say is triggering, and if so they won't allow us to call the person again."

"But it's our cells..."

"Yeah, but as stupid as it is..It's still the rules."

"I think I need to call my brother." I admitted.

"Well go do it." Emily chuckled. Her chocolate brown eyes met mine, and a smile formed onto my face.

"I will in a few minutes. " I murmured.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Emily asked nervously.

"I..erm..admiring your beauty. "

"Awwe, thanks babe! But you're more beautiful than me!"

"Psh, that's nonsense!" I exclaimed.

Emily chuckled and threw her cigarette.  I copied her actions and stood up at the same time as Emily did. We proceeded to walk back inside of the center.

After a few minutes, Emily spoke up. "So, go make your calls and I'll be in our room. 'Kay?"

"Yeah." I replied simply.

"And Juliet, promise me something. "

"What's that? "

"That you won't call that boy."

I just nodded my head, I didn't trust my voice enough to lie. Emily smiled slightly and walked into our room, I continued to walk down the hallway to the receptionist.

"Excuse me ma'am. "

"Mhmm?" The receptionist mumbled.

"I need to make a call."

"Name?"

"Jade Juliana Payne." The receptionist rolled her eyes and dug into a box that was beside her chair. "Here." She brought her grubby hands out the box and handed me my pink cased iPhone. "There will be a nurse here in a minute for you."

I thanked her and took a seat in one of the uncomfortable chairs that were in the small waiting room. I turned on my phone. As soon as it loaded, text messages came pouring in from Liam. But not a single one from Harry.

"Hi!" I turned my head to the direction of the voice.

A woman with brown hair took a seat beside me. "I'm Amanda Johnson, and you're Jade Payne. Am I right?"

"Call me Juliet." I corrected her.

"Okay, well please make your calls."

I nodded and dialed Liam's number. After a few rings he answered. "Jade, where the hell are you?"

"Happy Heights Rehabilitation Center. " I replied bluntly

"Jade, I've been worried sick about you. You could've left a note or something."