Chapter Sixty Five

Songs For This Chapter:

· Grade 8 - Ed Sheeran

· Do Ya Thang - Rihanna

· Cold Coffee - Ed Sheeran

Harry's POV

The entire time that I was in class, my mind was clouded with thoughts of Jade. Of  her hair, of  her smile, her laugh, and how her eyes twinkled every time that I kissed her. I didn't understand why I suddenly felt that way towards  Jade but I loved it. My last class was canceled, so I had been sitting outside of Jade's creative writing class for over an hour. Luckily Samantha and Tyler weren't in uni that day,  if they had been then I would not have known what to tell them.

Since I had met Jade,  my life became so complicated. There had been times where I've wanted to jump off a clif because of the stress. And at other times, I just wanted to hold her in my arms as she slept.  We have had our highs and our lows, like a roller coaster we've gone up and down. In all honesty, I was her poison and she was my cure and  vise versa.

"Juliet Payne. " Jade's Professor called her name. "Please come up and read your essay now."

" Thank you, Ma'am."

"Go ahead Juliet. " Professor Brown urged.

After a few seconds, I finally heard Jade begin to speak.

"  Truthfully I do not think highly of myself.  I believe that I am nothing but a naive female,  with a few too many ghosts in her closet. I have a colorful past and it effects the way that I view myself.  As you may know my parents are deceased,  and every since their deaths I have changed myself. People used to view me as an innocent and kind hearted girl, now I am viewed as a promiscuous female with an attitude problem.  In all honesty I view myself as an individual who is nothing of an importance to anyone.  My reasoning behind this is because I believe that I only cause problems with the people that I encounter.

Many people have left my life simply because of my problems. So whenever someone tells me that I am special,  I do not believe it because I'm not anything special.  I am a human being just like everyone else, I don't have any talents or anything close to the sort to even classify myself as special.  By my fellow peers I have been called multiple things. Slag, toxic,  arrogant, rude are just a few examples.

After a person hears those words, they start to believe that they are what people call them. I am one of those people.  So no, I do not believe that I am beautiful,  sweet, nor special.  I think I am a slag, a toxic friend, arrogant and a rude person all  because people have called me those hurtful words. One thing that people don't understand is what made me become the way that I am. They don't know my pain, my past, or of all the nights I've cried myself to sleep. They know nothing,  and in my opinion if they desire to call me those words then they don't deserve to know a single thing about me."

"  Juliet,  yet another excellent paper.  How long did it take you to write this?" Jade's Professor asked.

"About an hour."

"Well for just an hour it was very good. Thank you Juliet,  please hand me the paper, and pack your belongings. " Jade's Professor said.

"Thank you Professor Brown." Jade replied.

"For those that didn't get to read their essays,  you will have a chance to read them tomorrow.  Class dismissed. "

I stood up from my spot on the floor beside the classroom door, just as students started to exit through the door. I walked across the hall and leaned against the wall  so that I could watch who was coming out. I smiled when I saw Jade approaching the door. "Harry? " Jade said as she walked out of the classroom door.

"Hi babe " I said and walked up to her. I pecked her lips and she smiled.

"How long have you been here?"

"An hour. "

Jade's eyes widened at my reply.  "You heard my essay, didn't you?"

I smiled and nodded. "Oh god." Jade groaned.

"Don't worry love,  it was perfect. "

"Oh thank god." Jade said, smiling afterwards.

I took Jade's books from her. "Let's take you to your flat yeah?"

Jade nodded and we begun walking down the hallway.  "So how was your day?" Jade asked.

"It was okay. I just couldn't focus well today,  so it seemed to drag on." I admitted.

"Yeah, same here." Jade replied as we exited the building.

We walked to my car, I opened up the backseat on the passengers side and threw mine and Jade's books in the seat before shutting the door. Next I opened up the passengers side door and Jade entered the vehicle.  "Thank you."

I shut her door before walking over to the driver's side and entering the vehicle.  "I'm gonna smoke okay?" Jade asked as I fiddled with my keys.

"Jade, you don't have to ask me, love.  I don't mind you smoking in the car, besides you've done it before." I replied, before smiling.

Jade pulled her pack of Marlboro Menthols from her pocket,  removed a cigarette and her lighter from the pack. I put my key in the ignition and started the car, just as Jade lit her cigarette.  Quickly I drove out of the lot and begun driving to Jade's flat.

After a few minutes of silence Jade cleared her throat. "So did you tell anyone about us?"

"No, not yet." I replied and I heard Jade sigh from beside me.

"What's wrong? "

"Nothing. " Jade lied,  as she ashed her cigarette in the ashtray.

"Tell me."

"I'm just afraid that you'll do the same that you did when we were first together."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You didn't want to tell anyone that we were together,  like you were embarrassed of me or something." Jade said, before taking yet another drag from her cigarette.

"Jade." I said and removed my right hand from the steering wheel,  and placed  it on top of her left hand. "I'm not embarrassed a single bit, actually I want people to know that you're mine."

"But why though?  Why me when there's much prettier girls than me in the university. "

"Pretty? " I scoffed.  "Jade you're beautiful. And I'm not interested in those girls."

"Why?" Jade asked.

"Because I have you." I replied before smiling.

Jade smiled and put her cigarette out in the ashtray, just as we entered the parking lot of her flat. "I'll be here at 7 to pick you up." I said and removed my hand from hers.

Jade opened the passengers side door, and undid her seatbelt.  "Okay. " Jade giggled.

"Don't worry about your books, leave em' here till after our date."

"Alright. " Jade replied, reaching over to me.

I reached over and her lips met mine, "I gotta get ready. " Jade  mumbled against my lips. I pulled away and Jade smiled softly. "I can't wait. Bye Harry."  Jade said before exiting the vehicle and shutting the door behind her.

I watched her as she walked up to the entrance of her flat billing,  and entered before driving away.