Chapter Forty

Songs for this chapter:
· Kickstarts - Example
· Animals - Ellie Goulding
· Breath Of Life - Florence + The Machine

Harry's POV

"What do you want?" Jade spat.

"Calm down, love."

"No!" Jade screamed coolly.

"What's you're name?" I asked the blonde girl that had Jade laying on her lap. She looked so familiar, I just couldn't place where I had saw her from.

"Her name's Emily. " Jade snapped.

"I'm gonna go smoke. " Emily mumbled and Jade shot her a glare. Emily leaned down pecked Jade's temple. "You'll be fine." She cooed.

"No, please stay." Jade begged.

"No babygirl, this is for you both to sort out on your own. But remember what I told you." Emily responded and Jade picked her head off of her lap.

"I will." Jade promised. Emily smiled while getting up from the bed and left out the door.

"Why are you here?" Jade asked as she looked at the floor.

"I don't really know." I answered honestly. "Why didn't you tell me that you're here?" I asked.

"I..Erm..Don't know."

"What happened, Jade? All of us were getting along so well? And now everyone is pissed at me." I said as I sat down beside her.

"You don't remember? " She asked.

"Remember what?"

"Obviously not." Jade responded sarcastically. "How's Samantha?"

"Erm, she's okay."

Jade sighed, stood up from the bed and walked to the door. "Harry, please go." Jade said as she opened the door.

"Jade, I came here to talk. I'm not going to leave until you hear me out."

"Tell me then, please! " Jade screamed.

"Not all angels have wings, and not all demons have horns." I recited from memory as I stood up from the bed. "How can something so malicious be so beautiful, and how can something so holy be so sadistic? "

"Where did you get that from?" Jade asked.

"Jade, even the devil was an angel once." I said, completely ignoring her question.

"Harry, where did you get that from?" She asked again.

I walked up to her and grabbed her waist. Jade's eyes widened at the action. "You were an angel once too, but I ruined you. I'm tired of being the demon, Jade."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I want to be the one who saves you. I want to be your savior. "

"Harry, I'm too far gone to be saved. "

"No you're not, you just need a little help."

"And what are you trying to say?" Jade asked.

"I'm tired of these games, of seeing you hurt."

"And?" Jade motioned.

" Jade are you blind?" I asked sarcastically.

Jade rolled her eyes and sighed. "No."

"What I'm trying to say is Jade Juliana Payne..."

"Say it!" Jade snapped.

" I want to start all over again. Erase the pain and replace it with happiness."

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

"By showing you that I've changed."

"Okay, when?" Jade asked.

"When you leave here, I am going to take you out. Just you and I."

"Like as a.."

"I'm going to take you out on a proper date." I corrected myself. "But only if you'll accept."

"I need to think. I need a cigarette." Jade mumbled.

I let go of her hips. Jade walked to the bed, and grabbed her purse off of it. "Do you erm want to go outside with me, so I can smoke?" Jade asked nervously. "If you have to go it's okay..."

"Jade, I'll go with you." I interrupted her.

Jade smiled shyly as she walked to the door and opened it. I followed her and closed it behind me. Jade and I walked down a hallway, neither of us even tried to talk. Jade opened up metal door, her and I then stepped through it and immediately the cold winter air hit us.

"Are you okay, babe?" Emily asked as Jade sat down beside her.

"Yeah." Jade replied and I took a seat beside her.

Jade took a cigarette out of her Marlboro Menthol's pack and lit it up. "Emily, I swear I've seen you somewhere before." I said truthfully, she looked so damn familiar.

"I worked at the gas station on 8th ave." Emily replied quickly.

"Oh, okay." I mumbled, I knew for a fact that I had seen her somewhere else, but I didn't press it.

"So how's your girlfriend?" Jade asked me after she exhaled the smoke from her cigarette.

"Jade, I don't have a girlfriend. "

"Oh." Jade responded.

"Have you talked to your brother? "

"Yeah, yesterday. " Jade said as she took a drag from her cigarette.

"I'm gonna go inside for a minute." Emily announced and threw her cigarette butt. "I'll be back, okay? " Emily asked Jade and she nodded. Emily smiled before walking to the metal door and opening it.

"I don't trust her." I said as Emily entered the building.

"Why?"

"I don't know, she's just sketchy. "

Jade giggled. "She's a good lass, I like her."

"Ah." I simply replied.

"Where's the restroom?" I asked Jade.

"Why." Jade said and stuck out her tongue.

"I need to have a wee." I replied bluntly, Jade busted into laughter.

"Go to the one in my room."

I nodded while standing up. I walked to the metal door and opened it. As I stepped into the hallway, I saw Emily going to the main desk. A minute later she had her phone and a nurse was taking a seat beside her.
I tiptoed to the corner and turned my head so I could hear what she was going to say. "Yeah." I heard Emily say from the waiting room. The nurse beside her was just looking at the old 'Homes and Gardens' magazine, completely ignoring Emily.

"Yeah, he's here. "

"Harry, he's here and he's trying to win Juliet back. "

"I'll make sure that she won't give into him. She's falling for me already. "

"Bye Cuz." She said as she stood up and walked to the front desk.

I quickly ran down the hallway and exited out the metal doors. "Jade." I said breathlessly.

"Yeah?"

"I just overheard Emily talking on the phone." I stated.

"And?"

Before I could reply Emily walked out the metal door and into the courtyard.