Chapter Eighteen

Songs for this chapter:

· Breakdown by Breaking Benjamin

·Change Your Life by Little Mix

·Battlefield by Jordan Sparks

Harry's POV

Tyler started driving again and started laughing softly to himself, "Harry,  I'd like to propose a bet with you. I bet that I'll get Juliet to love me by summer and if I do then you'll leave us alone. But I bet that if you get her back by summer then I'll allow you two to be together but stay friends with Juliet. What ya say?"

Hmmm, I truthfully wanted Jade back. "Don't you dare take that bet, Harold! " My subconscious screamed.

I ignored my screaming subconscious and smirked. "I accept, but Tyler just so you know I never lose." I said confidently.

"We'll see about that." Tyler commented while parking his car in the parking lot.

I opened my door and jumped out. "You're an idiot for accepting, Harold! "  My subconscious reminded me. I opened up the back door. I bent down and started to shake Jade's legs.

Suddenly a blue Bic razor fell out of her coat pocket.  I grabbed it and placed it into my pocket. I planned on asking her about it later. "Jade, wake up." I whispered.

   "Juliet, wake up." Tyler yelled and I sent him a death glare.

"No, no, non, nein!" Jade murmured.

"Juliet,  come inside. You need rest." Tyler commented.

"And Jade I'd like to talk to you."  I said and Jade's eyes popped open, almost like it scared her.

"C'mon, my little bird." I said only to aggravate Tyler.

Jade's POV

I sit up in quickly, my head was spinning.  "C'mon Jules." Tyler encouraged while extending out his hand for me to take. I stubbornly shook my head, refusing his offer. I was still pissed at both of them.

Tyler sighed as I placed  my feet onto the concrete sidewalk. I stood up, stretching a little. I slammed the back door shut and followed them to the entrance of the flat building.

Once we entered, I ran past them and swiftly ran up the stairs. I needed to burn calories! I waited for a couple minutes for them to join me. Harry walked to his flat door and opened it.

"Jade, I want to talk to you in private.  So Tyler.." Tyler nodded his head at Harry's request and took a seat at the kitchen table.

"Before you go, Jules. " Tyler said as he motioned with his hand for me to come to him.

"Yeah?" I said, walking towards him.

"I'm sorry about earlier.  You know how protective I am of you. And I love you." He admitted while taking a cigarette out of his pack. He grabbed an extra cigarette from the pack and rose his eyebrows at me. Basically asking if I wanted one. I smiled and accepted the cigarette. I reached into my pocket and got my lighter.  Lit it up and inhaled. 

"Thanks, Ty! And it's okay you're forgiven. And I love you like a brother. " I said after exhaling the smoke.

"No problem, babydoll." He replied and I walked out of the kitchen.

"I'm in the guest room." Harry announced and I walked towards the guest room.

I stopped at the doorway and peaked in. Harry was sitting on the bed, holding something in his hands.Curiosity got the best of me and I strutted into the guest room. Harry looked up as I sat down beside him. "Jade, I'd like you to listen before you get mad okay?" I nodded and took a drag from the cigarette.

"I know you hate me, and I don't blame you. I've singlehandedly hurt you. But I'd like to ask you something. "I continued to look down at my feet, I refused to look into his beautiful forest green eyes.

"Do you like the lifestyle that you're in?"

I shrugged my shoulders, refusing to allow myself to speak to admitting that I hated the lifestyle that I had been living. "Jade, I know that I've hurt you. That Liam and Louis have also. I know about what happened with Damon. I know about the abuse and the heroin."

My heart dropped at the when he said heroin. He wasn't supposed to know about that! "Don't worry,  I wont tell Liam. And I'm not angry,  nor disappointed about your past substance abuse. I just wish I wasn't the cause of it. There's not alot that I can say, because actions speak louder than words. But this..." He opened his slender hands, and showed me the razor that I had stolen from him "Isn't healthy. It'll only scar your body. I want to help you, Jade.  I want to be friends with you again. So what I'm asking is, will you allow me to help you? I want to pick up the pieces that I broke. You have no idea, how much it hurts me to see you like this. To know that this is all my fault."

He took the razor and threw it into the rubbish bin, beside the bed. "What do you say?" I nodded, because I couldn't trust my own voice.

Harry smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.  My heart beat accelerated,  drumming against my chest. I smiled and Harry stood up from the bed. He extended out his hand for me to take, In which I gladly accepted.

But one thing was bothering me: Why the sudden change of heart? Maybe, it was a sign.

Harry and I walked out of the room together. I swear I could feel my heart swelling from happiness.

"A sign? Listen to yourself!  Harry will never love you again! Stop Dreaming.  You're too fat, go now! Go purge!" My subconscious demanded.

Harry and I walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the kitchen table with Tyler sitting opposite of us. I have to admit, I had not  been that happy in a while and  I hoped that nothing would ruin it. "Ty, is it okay if I borrow another cigarette? " I asked while fluttering my eye lashes.

"Of course." Tyler handed me a cigarette and I murmured a 'thank you'

I lit the cigarette and inhaled it. Instantly calming down my raging heart. I smiled in contentment.  Maybe this will be a new beginning.  Maybe Harry and I could start all over again.

I heard the front door opening and closing. The lot of us turned our heads to the doorway of the kitchen. Liam stood in the doorway,  looking down at his feet. "Jade, can I talk to you?"

A/N: There's always a calm before the storm ;)