Chapter Thirty

Songs for this chapter:
· Cold Hearted - Zac Brown Band
· Say Something - A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera

Harry's POV

"Sir, you can't go in there! " A medic yelled, I ignored him and ran into Jade's flat. I dodged the other paramedics and rushed into Jade's bedroom.

Jade was laying on a stretcher with of her eyes closed, and both of her wrists wrapped up in gauge . Oh god. A puddle of blood was soaking into the pure white carpet of her bedroom floor, permanently soiling it. "Is she okay?" I yelled.

"She has a pulse, but it's decreasing. Please move, we have to get her out to the ambulance. " A Parametic replied and I moved out of the way for them to proceed into the living room.

I watched as they pushed Jade's unconscious body through the living room and out the flat door. "Harry! " Liam yelled and rushed to my side.

I felt my knees buckle underneath me and I fell to the floor, breaking down in sobs. I screamed for Jade with my fingers entangled in my hair, pulling at my curls. "Harry get up, we have to go to the hospital. " I shook my head and remained on the floor. 

"Harry, get up mate." Liam offered me a hand and I accepted.  Liam helped me onto my feet and wrapped his arms around me.

"If she makes it, she's going to hate me." Liam mumbled into my shoulder.

"Why?"

"Because she isn't mentally stable and she needs help." He replied and released his hold from around me.

"Excuse me, but are either of you related to Ms. Payne?" An Officer asked us.

"I am, I'm her brother." Liam replied. 

"When the parametic's arrived earlier, they found three letters addressed to three separate people. One for a Harry,  Liam, and Tyler. Are any of those your names?"

"I'm Harry,  and his name is Liam. Those letters are for us." I replied.

"And Tyler? " The officer questioned.  

"He is a good friend of Jade's, and he lives off campus." I lied, Tyler was not a good friend of Jade's he was malicious bastard just like Louis had said.

"What is his last name, so we can give him the letter? "

"Daniels. " I responded.

"Okay, I'll contact the university and have them give me his address so he can recieved it." The Officer said while handing Liam and I the letters, that were addressed to us.

"You first." Liam nodded, he then looked down at the paper and begun reading aloud.

Liam,

There isn't  much for me to say at this moment. I have already written Harry's letter and after I finish this one for you, I am going to text him just incase you do not recieve this letter. First thing first, Please know that I love you and that this is not your fault in any way. So please do not blame yourself for my action.

I love you, so damn much. I may not show it much but I do. You're my brother, the only one that I have. I am so fucking sorry that, it has to end this way. But I really don't see a reason for me to live, if I am nothing but a burden to everyone.

I miss Mum and Dad, I've dreamt of them multiple times since their deaths. With each dream, I miss them more and more, and frankly I am looking forward to seeing them. I remember all the happy memories of them. Memories of the lot of us eating dinner together and celebrating christmas. Opening presents from under the tree, and dressing the tree every year. Do you remember that too? I remember when I was little and I couldn't sleep.  You'd come in and read me bedtime stories.  I really don't know how many times that you had to read me Cinderella. But I loved it and appreciate it to this day.

We may not have always seen eye to eye, and I know that you are disappointed in me. I deserve it, I am nothing but a fuck up. I just wish that we could've fixed our bond, to be as close now as we were then.

Please remember that I love you, and I'll be watching over you. Again, I love you.

- Jade Juliana Payne

Liam finished and tightened his grip on the paper, fighting to urge to cry. "Read yours now." Liam begged.

I looked down at the paper and begun to read aloud.

Harry, 

On a crisp beautiful Autumn afternoon,  I saw you for the first time. You introduced yourself and helped me to make French bread. Do you remember that? It was the first time that I had smiled in a long time. You helped me, almost cured me in a way. I want to thank you for that, and I am truly grateful that I ever had the chance with you.

Harry,  I'm sorry for not being good enough. For being a junkie,  with an addictive personality.   I mean who am I kidding? You'd never take me back the way that I am now, even though I wished that you would've.  If I could've bought your love I surly would have. I would've personally given you the moon and stars just to have you for myself.

I am so fucking infuriated with you, how could you do this to me?  How could you take everything from me, destroying me in the process and still make me love you?How could you enjoy breaking me down, tearing me to my core? Is it pleasurable for you to see me in this shape?

I never even thought that you could be so damn cold hearted, so capable of breaking someone down just by the flick of your wrist or by the snap of your fingers.  I love you then, I love you now.  You said you loved me, but it was a lie.

I hate that I love you, I wish I could hate you. But I just, I can't no matter what I do. I'm not killing myself because of you, I'm doing it for you, Liam and Tyler. So you can all live a happy life without me being the odd piece in the puzzle.

I hope that you will fall in love with a girl, and I hope you'll treat her as right and vise versa. I hope Liam and Tyler do the same. They both deserve to have a wonderful life full of love.

This is my final goodbye.

I love you.

- Jade Juliana Payne

I finished reading aloud and broke down again. It was my fault. Liam and I stood in Jade's bedroom staring down at the crimson puddle on the floor, just in front of our feet. The puddle thatat represented the horrible reminder of how I had singlehandedly destroyed Jade Juliana Payne.

"Let's go, yeah?" I nodded and followed Liam out of Jade's flat.

Liam and I walked made our way outside and we proceeded to enter my Range Rover. I put my keys into the ignition and we begun driving to the hospital. "Are you ok, Harry?"

"No, I just don't know how to feel. How are you not breaking down?" I asked.

"I'm not breaking down because I have faith that Jade will be okay. I may be right or I may be wrong, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it." Liam admitted and I nodded.

After that Liam and I drove in silence to the hospital.  When we parked in the parking lot, we then proceeded to exit the car and walk into the entrance of the hospital.

"Erm, I need to find out some information about a patient. " I nervously told the receptionist.

"Name?" She said while obnoxiously chewing her gum.

"Jade Juliana Payne. But it could be so listed as her alias, Juliet Payne. "

The receptionist typed on her computer and rolled her eyes. "She just got out of ICU. Her room number is 317." Liam thanked her and we begun walking down the hall.

We searched for the correct room, after walking for what seemed like 10 minutes we finally found room 317. "Ready?" Liam asked and I nodded while slowly opening the door.