Chapter Thirty One

Song for this chapter:
·Story Of My Life - One Direction

Harry's POV

The minute that Liam and I entered Jade's hospital room, the first thing that we noticed was the horrendous amount of tubes and machines that surrounded Jade's frail and unconscious body. Liam and I casually walked towards the bed. Liam took a seat beside the bed and I took Jade's right hand in to my own.

Jade's wrists were no longer wrapped in dirty blood tainted gauge, but were now  replaced with fresh clean gauge. The consistent beep of the heart monitor echoed through out the small enclosed room, and quickly became irritating in a matter of seconds.

I released my hold on Jade's hand took a seat beside Liam.  He turned his head towards me, his eyelashes wet from tears. I watched as tears rolled down Liam's cheeks, serving as a symbol of his everlasting love for his sister.

Without warning a Doctor stepped into the room, and took a stand beside Liam. "Hello, friends of Ms. Payne I presume? "

"No, I'm her brother and this is my friend Harry." Liam corrected.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Smith." The doctor announced. "Would you like the good news or the bad first?"

"Good." Liam answered quickly.

"Ms. Payne will be fine. We gave her some morphine to help with the pain and that is why she is currently resting. "

"And the bad?" Liam inquired.

"Ms. Payne, is in terrible shape mentally wise. When she arrived both of her wrists were cut and she had lost quite a lot of blood." He stopped for a second glancing at his clipboard before continuing. "Her current weight is 98 pounds, in which she is underweight.  According to her records she has anorexia nervosa, which is no surprise to me that it is the cause of her malnutrition."

"I already knew that, proceed." Liam said with a voice full of irritation.

"We also found THC and a some traces of heroin in her blood system,  if you look at her right arm above her elbow you will see a fresh track mark." I glanced down at Jade's pale right arm and saw the traumatizing injection sight right above the crook of her elbow. "So with that, we the staff of ISH have a suggestion of sending Ms. Payne to a rehabilitation center." Doctor Smith added.

"Well thank you, Sir. We will give you suggestion some thought.  But for now could you please allow us some time alone?" I asked. "This is all a lot to wrap our heads around and I'd gratefully appreciate if you'd give us some time to think." Dr Smith nodded and proceeded to exit the room, quietly shutting the door behind him.

"I don't need to consider their suggestion,  she's going to a rehabilitation center." Liam stated. "I don't even care if she protests or not. Because she is going, I insist. "

"I support your decision. " I admitted and Liam smiled at my words.

"Jade has always been different. My father used to say that she had a wild heart. She always refused to show fear. When ever she gotten into trouble instead of feeling scared of the consciences, she welcomed them. But once she got older she became docile, her rebellion completely washed away with time." Liam said while fiddling with his fingers. "I love her y'know, she's all I've got left and I don't want anything to happen to her. But I can only help to save her in small amounts,  she has to want to save herself other wise she'll end up here again."

"Do you think that rehabilitation will truly help her?" I asked.

"I have faith that it can possibly help her, but only if she allows it to do so." Liam responded.

"I really want to see her healthy and happy again. And I am truly sorry about the pain that I have put you both through. " I responded weakly.

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?" I questioned.

"Why did you make that bet?"

"Because of my ego, I hate to loose. Louis suggested it, and because I am so egotistical I accepted. " I explained.

"Would you accept another bet if someone offered you one?"

"No." I lied.

"I am sorry too about earlier,  I shouldn't have snapped out on you." Liam said while looking directly into my eyes. "But I just hate to see her hurt. She doesn't deserve to be in pain. As a big brother I am supposed to shelter her from pain."

"You have no reason to apologize mate." I responded. "I was out of bounds when I said that, I never thought of this happening after I said that." I gestured to the bed in which Jade laid. "I shouldn't have responded so harshly, she didn't deserve for me to act like that towards her."

"Harry?"

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Did you ever really love Jade?" Liam asked.

I gulped harshly and shook my head, not trusting my own voice to respond. Did I actually love her then? Truthfully I was unsure if I did or not. Yes I was attracted to her, but her love fed my ego. It made me feel stronger and dominant,  I know it was wrong but it is the ugly and horrific truth.

Jade started to shift in the bed, groaning with each twist and turn she made with her body. She slowly sat up in the bed, gently opening her gray blue eyes. Liam inhaled sharply at the sight and Jade shot her head in our direction. I was about to say something but Jade stopped me, as she let out a blood curling scream with just the sight of Liam and I at her bedside.