Mother Knows Best

Picture of a Paisley Flower because that's where our main heroines name came from. Just thought I never explained that to you guys at all!

Recap

"What are you doing standing there? Come give your mother a hug."

I'm so dead!

End of Recap

"Mom!" I stare widely, mouth agape in unregistered surprise. "You're here...in the States." Izzy goes bounding upstairs, most likely to get away from the awkwardness.

"Yes Paisley, now help me with my bags. I've been on three flights and one was a layover." She shoves her suitcase through the doorway, walking inside the dark house. "Why are all the lights off?"

My arms give out as I drag up two duffle bags from the bottom of the porch steps. "I was about to go to bed." I peer inside then back out. Steven and Preston drove here together. But Preston didn't park in the driveway, he parked on the side street. Which is great! They can sneak out before my mom notices them.

My mom hums while looking around the house, lights now flicked on. "Hmm." The middle-aged Omega nods her head, light brown locks with hints of blonde shine from the fluorescent lights.

She stands in living room with her hands on hips. She wears a black overcoat lined with hopefully faux fur. "Sorry dear, I'm running on Japan time as you know. Right now I would be at the base." She turns and sends me a warm smile, "Now, give your mom a hug darling!" Her arms spread wide awaiting that 'hug' she so desperately wants.

I step into her arms, stiffly hugging her back. My mom wraps her arms around me softly. "I missed you flower." She whispers into my ear before squeezing a bit too tightly.

Yep, this is why I don't hug her. She hugs like a gorilla! "M-mom, my back."

"Oh! Sorry dear you know I don't know my own strength." She pats my hand then gives me a once over, "You look pale." Her nimble fingers grasp my chin as she turns my face every which way. "Are you eating properly? Is something wrong?" Her eyes alight in amber, "Is someone being mean to you?"

Leave it to Mom to jump to conclusions.

"Mom I'm fine!" I struggle to withdraw from her motherly hold. "I was just about to go to bed, I'm tired."

"Oh..." she stares at me, the amber glow fading away, "I'm sorry flower, go ahead and sleep." She looks around "I've clearly got some cleaning to do."

My face forms into a frown at her words. The house is clean. I vacuum, sweep, and mop twice a week. What on Earth is she seeing that's messy?

"Goodnight!" I call over my shoulder as I walk back upstairs, once I'm far enough I sprint to my room.

The door flings open with force as I shut it behind me. Twisting the lock into place I eye the two Alphas currently laying on the floor playing Mario Kart. "Code Red, I repeat we have a Code Red!"

Both Alphas tilt their heads to the side in confusion. "What's a Code Red?"

That's right, Hank is only one who knows about Code Red, Blue, and Black. I never told Preston or Steven because it never clicked that they might be in a Code situation.

"Never mind! My mom is downstairs, you have to leave." It all rushes out quickly. My hands feel clammy, the room is spinning, is that bird?

"Paz calm down." Suddenly a calming scent washes over my frazzled senses. Strong arms lock me into place next to a warm and sturdy chest. Preston of course. For a second I thought it was Archer.