It Should Be Obvious

Recap of Last Chapter:

"Let me explain something to you Paisley. That Beta you saw is my sister."

All too soon the world comes crashing down around me at those seven little words.

End of Recap

His sister? The beautiful half naked Beta was his sister? "You slept with your sister?" My mind is fried already why not just add to my embarrassment.

Archer backs away his laughter suddenly cutting off. "No! Why would you think that?"

Eyes rolling I shrug my shoulders, "Because she answered the door half naked that's why! I mean why else would a half naked woman answer the door?"

"How do you know she wasn't dressed....wait Paisley are you the church girl?" Arch points his index finger in my direction, "You're that girl?"

A blush adorns my cheeks at his accusation. An accusation that is one-hundred percent correct. My head bobs while my bottom lip quivers. I've been found out.

A ghost of a grin lifts the corners of his lips only slightly. "Why didn't you say so sooner? We could have figured this all out before you began ignoring me."

Hanging my head low in shame I feel like crying again. But this time there won't be anyone to bring me comfort. "I don't know, I thought you'd deny it or something."

"Why would I deny it?"

Several plausible explanations come to mind. Like how Alphas are the ones who lie. How they're controlling and in lots of ways very possessive. There are some cases against Alphas by an Omega but because an Omega is the lowest of the low, they lost. Why even try to argue if you know you'll lose anyway?

"Because that's what Alphas do." My short quipped answer has Archer frowning down at me with several emotions racing through his blue eyes.

He comes to stand in front of me, this time kneeling on the floor. "Paisley do you believe I am like those Alphas? The ones who get there way by harming their Omegas. Do you think I would ever do that to you?"

Without a second thought I shake me head. "Have I ever done anything wrong to you?" Again I shake my head. "Then why can't you see that I want to be with you?"

I've been avoiding that question for awhile now. It's been floating around between my thoughts. "I guess because you're you. Archer you don't know how many Omegas would kill just to have you look at them, but you looked at me. Why did you look at me?"

Archer gazed down at the classroom floor. Hands clasped atop his knee. He seems to be contemplating something. Then, "Come on. I want you to meet someone."

He quickly stands grasping my hand in his. Sparks ignite at the touch evoking a soft moan from my lips. Archer stops in his steps, back facing me. His head turns slightly in my direction, "You need help with that?"

My cheeks flush once again at his comment. "Sorry no I'm-" he cuts me off by chuckling.

"I'm talking about your backpack Paz." He takes the heavy weight off my shoulder. Easily swinging it over his. "I have other ways to fix your moaning problem." Archer briefly squeezes my hand in his with a sexy wink.