I Woke Up Like This

YAY! Finally a new Chapter, and this time in Paisley P.O.V.

Beeping, very slow beeping. It was like the sound of an annoying alarm clock, but lighter. I still hated it and wished someone would turn it off. My senses are over stimulated with the smells of antibacterial cleanser, sterile things (which mind you, freaked me a bit.), and moldy bread.

A new scent entered the room in which I could gather without opening my eyes, that I was in fact in a room. It smelled familiar, yet I haven't smelled it in quite sometime. It reminded me off home, laying on the couch while yelling at the TV when College Football (American Football) came on with my parents.

Another scent was in the room, but it's faint. Like it was here then suddenly packed its things and left. It made me anxious, nervous, yet when it wrapped around me like a blanket I felt wanted. Like someone actually wanted me, and it made my heart flutter.

The beeping sped up, annoyingly so that I groaned out in protest for it to stop already. "Ugh..." Wow is that me? I sound like a tortoise on the last rungs of life.

A hand touched me and a voice broke through the clouds and fog that occupied my mind. "Paisley? Princess wake up." I freeze, no one calls me 'princess,' except for one person. And he's halfway across the United States in Seattle, Washington.

"Dad?" I croak groggily before opening my tired eyes. Above me is the slightly hard lined face of my Dad, Major James Cooper. Deadly Alpha Major in the Military and head of the Special Tactical Forces for Omegas.

"Woah back up." I say and wave my Father away. He gives me a hurt look, but obliges nonetheless. "Dad why are you here?"

Okay so you may think I'm being totally b!tchy right now. I mean my Dad who I never get to see is here, he's right in front of me! And I ask him what he's doing here. Well....it's odd. I had just phoned him and he told me about how he's really busy, so busy that we couldn't even have a proper phone call.

"Really Paisley, you're asking why I'm here? You're in the freaking hospital!" my Dad's voice booms in the small brightly lit hospital room.

"Daaadd! You're being loud again." I give him one of my Mom's famous 'YouBetterToneItDown' look.

"Paisley, don't look at me like that. I get enough of it from your Mother and I don't need my little girl turning on me." He drags a hand down his face, tiredly as he slumps in the chair next to my bed.

I reach out and take his warm hand in my cold one. "I'm sorry Dad. I know you mean well." We sink into silence and I give his hand a reassuring squeeze "So....tell me what happened."

"Well for starters you took quite a hit on your head, stitches and everything. Lost some blood, but you've always been that way, Doc gave you some more A Type and then you were back to glowing like the sun. Then there was this man her-"

I cut him off with a whine. All his blabbering is giving me a headache, and that didn't help with the pounding that was already in my head to begin with. "Dad please stop, my head hurts." Slumping back down under the covers, I press my face against the back of his hand. "Mmm."

He knows exactly what I wanted. Gently he lifts his hand and starts to caress my hair lovingly. "Okay princess, we'll talk after you sleep for awhile."

~~~~~

It's been a day since I've been released from the hospital. My Dad has kept me under watchful eye so that I don't hurt myself anymore than I already am. Which let me tell you gets old.