The Encounter

"Ugh come on! Move grandma!" I yell at the old woman in front of me in her expensive Bentley

Today was grocery day, and being the dumby I was, didn't get a head start this Saturday morning. Now this is my punishment.

My ole 2005 Black Ford Explorer rumbled behind the lady going 2 mph in the Publix parking lot. My Dad always told me not to drive angry, but this woman was pushing it.

Finally the old bat slid into an empty space. A sigh billows past my lips in relief. My brown eyes scan the lot for an empty parking spot.

Handicap was a no, cause I wasn't disabled. Pregnancy Parking was also a no, I would not park in a spot when I wasn't with child. Well I might have done it that one time to get into Walmart but that's cause it's freaking Walmart. Okay maybe a couple.

"Where the heck is a free space?" It was already late in the day so all the fresh produce would be taken, all the free samples would be gone or either cold, and now I can't find a decent space in the front. So I had a reason to be mad.

Quickly I see a car backing out of a space to my left. Over joyed I wait patiently for the kind family to put there bags away and drive off.

Once the car is backed all the way out my foot presses the gas pedal. My steering wheel is turned and I begin my parking. When out of nowhere a white Audi TT slams their gas pedal.

The Audi breezes past me and parks in my spot. My spot! The spot I waited for that huge family to get their stuff and go. MY FREAKING SPOT!

"Oh hell no you did not. You b!tch" I slam my brakes from almost narrowly colliding with the dumby.

My hand swiftly opens the car door, and I hop down from my seat. I walk towards the black tinted windows and knock.

The drivers side window slowly rolls down. I roll my eyes so hard that I'm pretty sure I saw my brain.

"Can I help you Miss?"

Oh My Gosh. This mans voice is like sex with chocolate drizzled all over. And whipped cream in satin bed sheets. His voice had a slight accent that I couldn't place. You would think that from living all over the place and meeting new people I could pinpoint his accent, but nope.

Composing my star gazed self, I explain politely what I need help in. "You just stole the parking spot I was about to park in." I gesture to my car behind me. "It's all good, but would you mind giving it back?"

He continues to stare at me, before a chuckle emits from him. Then laughter.

His laugh was like Christmas morning, presents, honey glazed ham, and snow all around.

Suddenly the car door opens and a long leg sticks out. The man is still laughing when he's fully out of his stupid expensive Audi. I take a step back for space, but still hold my ground on the issue.

"What's so funny?" I grit out between my clenched jaw

His laughter ceases and is replaced by a serious expression. "It's funny that you actually thought I would give you the parking spot."

My mouth falls open

"Also since you were driving so slow in that rust bucket you call a car, I took my chance and actually got a parking spot."

My mouth shuts slowly. I process his words then speak "Well Sir, it was kind of that old woman who was going slow, I was waiting for her to move. And please don't insult my car either cause that's a low blow, but I guess you need to make yourself feel better about having a tiny d!ck."