Game Plan

Recap
The Beta woman steps back into the house slowly shutting the door, "I don't think so sweetheart, maybe try the house next door?" With that the door is slammed in my face.

My smile switches to a grimace, "That lying b#stard."
End of Recap

Backpack, check. Finished late classwork in folder? Check. Dressed for success? Glancing in the vanity mirror I eye the jeans that hug all my curves added with the navy flannel shirt with two buttons popped. Adorning brown cowboy boots and some simple make-up, I spray a spritz of some perfume on my collarbone.

Smiling brilliantly at the mirror I deem myself ready for my first day back at school after my Heat. It's been long overdue and I'm excited to get back. A loud honk from outside alerts me that Hank is here.

With one last glance at the mirror I decide at the last second to throw my hair up in a messy bun. Stray tendrils and wisps of hair escape the bun as I race down stairs and out the door. Leaving a snoozing Izzy on the couch.

Waving frantically at Hank so he'll get the memo to stop honking I lock the front door. My boots clunk against the sidewalk as I briskly make my way towards Hanks truck. Boosting myself up and into the trucks cabin I greet Hank a good morning.

"Sup, you look nice." Hank eyes my outfit, "Why the change?"

After buckling up we get moving. He stops at the stop sign before moving onto the main road. "Well its Autumn for one, also I wanted to be ahead of the game and be ready for the new fashion trends before anyone else!"

Hank nods, "You do know that just because it's forty degrees this morning it's gonna be up to seventy this afternoon." My head whips over to him and I finally take in his appearance. Cargo shorts and a plain black t-shirt with his regular old sneakers. One-hundred percent Hank attire.

"Whatever lets just get to school already." Shutting him down I lean back and listen to the gentle hum of the truck.

~~~~~

Being back at school after basically missing a week and some odd days is surprisingly awkward. For an Omega it's normal for our Heats to strike during the school year, I've had plenty of Omegas walk up to me and wish me a welcome back.

Of course they understand completely what happened and why I was missing for so long. But then comes the pestering questions of "Did you have an Alpha?" and "You look incredible! What did that Alpha do to you!" Omegas are very smart when it comes to Heats and whether you've had a partner or not. Also good at making others incredibly uncomfortable with there wayward questions.

Maxine, a fellow Omega in my senior class has no boundaries whatsoever. All throughout AP Biology she's asked questions about who it was. "You're glowing! Paisley did you go to the Alpha Compound and rent an Alpha?"

My eye twitches, for one you don't just ask that. Two, 'renting' an Alpha is barbaric in itself. It's the same as going to the Omega Compound and seeking an Omega to sate a rut. Simply vile!

Pausing my dissecting of a cows eyeball in frustration from the endless stream of questions overflowing from the nosy Omega beside me. Slowly resting the scalpel onto the lab table I take a deep breath before facing Maxine.

She sends me a warm smile, "So did you?"

Again my eye twitches, "Maxine that's a bit private don't you think." I'm going easy on her, only because Maxine is a very sweet girl. Literally the only person in this school with a heart of gold.