Truth

HEY EVERYONE! I did some thinking. It's highly rude of me to leave you hanging at this point. So I decided to wrap ALL this up. BUT IT COMES AT A PRICE! The inevitable sexy time between Archer and Paisley will be delayed as a BONUS CHAPTER once the book is completed.

Now without further ado......*spreads arms out in a sweeping motion* here you go!

Recap:

Driving down the road, Archer makes small talk. Asking this and that to which my reply is a simple 'yeah' here and there. My mind has muddled over. Body limp.

I just found out that Archer is my Mate.

End of Recap:

"Izzy get back here right this instant!" My shoes pound against the sidewalk as I race after Izzy. "Izzy stop!" She of course doesn't listen to my pleas at all.

Her dark golden brown fur is a blur as she sprints off down the street. Passerby's shout or yelp while jumping out the way. I pay them no mind as I chase her down the crowed downtown streets. "Izzy heal!" At that one small word she freezes, but not before achieving in mowing someone down in the process.

Breath coming out in furious pants I snatch up Izzy's leash. "Shame on you! You know better than to chase the meat truck!" Said meat truck careens around the corner off somewhere. Izzy and I turn at the sound of a groan.

My first instinct is to run, but my next is to offer help at the boy currently face planted on the ground. "Hey..." bending down I touch his shoulder lightly, "you alright?" Seriously I'll run if they're hurt! I can't pay for someone's hospital bill, but I can pay for a helpful serving of ice cream.

The guy stands up on shaky legs. When he starts to lean to the side I automatically pull him back up. Shouldering his weight on to the side I begin to take us to the side of the street out of the way. "I'm just gonna move us..." he nods his head, hand coming up to grasp at the back of it.

Izzy follows before sitting down next to my feet. Leaning the unnamed male against a shop window, I drop my backpack to the ground. "I think I may have something to help. Just a minute." Rifling thought the pack my fingers brush against my first-aid kit. With a click it opens.

The guy leans against the window, eyes twitching open. He stares down at me as I pull out some antiseptic spray. Applying spray to his bruised knee and forearm, the guy seems to have regained some of his composure.

"Thank you." his voice is soft and I barely hear it over the hum of nearby cars racing past.

Situating a bandage on his knee and forearm, I stand from the ground and dust myself off. Offering him a friendly smile I stick out my hand, "No problem! Kind of my fault because Izzy here knocked you down." Said German Shepherd continues to pant while staring up at the two of us.

In return he offers his own small grin and shakes my hand. "Aiden, you?"

"Paisley, nice to meet you!"

~~~~~

"Oh em gee!" Aiden and I squeal over our phones while simultaneously eating the sundae before us. Five flavors of creamy goodness dominate the large bowl. The ice cream from the local parlor was a delicacy in the downtown area, costing around ten dollars.