Departure

Edited On: 01/11/17

Set almost a week before school starts.

Recap!

All I know is that the first day of school starts in ten days. That's ten days until Archer is actually, legally my teacher.

End Of Recap!

10 Days.

240 Hours.

14,400 Minutes.

864,000 Seconds.

Is how much time is left before school is back in session. When my world will officially crumble before my eyes.

Ha! Just kidding, it already has.

The last couple of days have flown by. I got my stitches out and the Doctors said I was more than healthy. The only downside to taking medication from all the blood loss, minor concussion, etc. is that I wasn't able to take my Supplements. (See Heats&Ruts Chapter.)

Flashback

"What do you mean, 'You'll go into Heat soon.' My next Heat isn't supposed to hit until mid October." I practically screech at the Doc. My Dad places his hand over mine, soothingly.

The Doc smooths out her lab coat then gives me a strained smile. "With all the drugs you were on, added with the pain killers while you've been taking, if you added anymore medication to the mix it would be terrible. Your body wouldn't be able to take it all in." The Doc pauses for effect. "It's best with this arrangement for you. If we didn't then you might still be in a very long coma."

Flashback Over

Which means I have no idea when my next Heat will hit, but it'll be soon. I can feel it. The starting of a fire is in my core every night the last couple of days. It's perfectly fine, I can handle a measly Heat.

~~~~~

"Okay Dad, you have everything right?" I ask while going over the list of items written on the sheet of notebook paper in my hands.

"Yep! Suitcase with all my clothes, cellphone, car keys, charger, snacks, and..." He trails off searching his person. "Tickets! Paisley we forgot the tickets."

Giggling I pull said tickets from inside my purse. The Piedmont Triad International Airport logo gleams in the sunlight. "Daddy calm down."

He breathes out a huge sigh. "Thank you Princess. I thought we were going to have to drive all the way back home." Dad wipes the sweat from his brow with a roll of his eyes, in a goofy manner.

I peer up at the unrelenting Sun, today was another cloudless day in North Carolina.

"Well I better get going, don't want to miss my flight back to Washington." He says making to grab his suitcases.

Before he can I latch onto him, "Dad don't go."

I feel him smile into my hair. "Princess you know I have to go back. I only have a few off days, besides you know you don't want your old man around here." He rubs my back gently, "Go hang out with your friends. Your first day is almost in a week. You'll be fine!"

A dreadful sigh billows from lips.

My Dad draws me at arms length and gazes into my brown eyes. "Paisley don't worry, I don't know what happened that made you cry, but this is Senior Year! Your last year of school before the real world." My saddened expression does nothing to deter him. "Go in with a bang kiddo, one that everyone will remember."