Punishment

A/N- I changed the character who plays Paisley Cooper to Becky G. I feel like she suits the position more. 🤗❤️

Recap

The door to Archers classroom is a grim reminder of what just transpired and that I totally lied to him about it. With a small intake of breath I open the door to the class.

End of Recap

The bell rings dismissing the class but instead of following the slow trickle of students out into the hallway, I stay put in my seat. Hank walks out of class without so much as a glance in my direction. I mean come on! This guy is way more emotional than me.

After the last student walks out I find myself looking at the open door then back to Archer. He stands in front of the board, erasing all the math problems done in class.

Taking the lead I go ahead and close the door, making sure to turn the lock in place. Once I turn around I see that Archer has turned and is now packing up his messenger bag.

"Archer, can we talk?" My voice is small and weak in the silence. All he does is continue to pack his things. No tell tale sign to that he heard me. "Arch I would really like to talk about what happened."

He pauses momentarily as if weighing the options of continuing the silent treatment or not. All he does is send me a cold glance before sighing. Archer sets his hands atop his desk, leaning slightly over it. "We can discuss this at home. I have a meeting so you leave first."

At the small whine I give at the idea of not discussing anything Archer settles a hardened glare my way. "Paisley. I don't have time for this right now. Go and wait for me to come home. Do you understand?"

The tense muscles in his body, the cold; emotionless way his voice reaches my ears is enough to send me in a fit of panic. Swiftly nodding my head I gently close the door after me as I walk out.

With a deep breath I force myself to walk away from the door and Archer. My heart beats fast knowing one hundred percent why he's so pissed.

~~~~~

The wait is almost over. Arch should be home momentarily and then we can discuss everything. Silently encouraging myself to not act foolishly or get angered easily, I wait for the sound of Archer's car to pull up into the driveway.

Not so long ago Arch gave me his house key. Explaining that since I basically live at his house five days out of the seven in a week I should just have my own key. It made my heart melt but Arch just brushed me off with a quick kiss before returning to his dinner.

That small show of trust really helped me to open up more to Archer. After finding out about the two of us maybe, like ninety-nine percent, being Mates I've been quick to build up walls. It's just that knowing Arch and how secretive he was to not even tell me about his family, it showed me that I really don't know anything about my own boyfriend.

My jumbled thoughts end at the sound of a car pulling up into the driveway. Lights shining through the curtains and illuminating the living room. Standing from my seat on the couch I hurriedly scamper toward the kitchen, going over the plan.

Dinner. Dessert. Talk.

Easy peasy because I made all of Archers favorites. Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and for dessert apple pie. Pulling everything out from the stove, where it was being kept warm, I self-consciously brush my hands against the soft dress I wore. Fingers tugging down on the sleeves of the dress to cover my hands.