You Are Beautiful...Very Beautiful

EDITED ON: 12/15/16

*It's Been Some Days Since Then*

Izzy and I are currently downtown watching the parade. Every year the town holds festivities over a weekend honoring the towns history as being the first to come up with the delicious, overly spicy and tongue burning, Devils Cornbread.

The cornbread tasted amazing and every year we have some poor group of souls who dared to eat a total of 100 in 10 minutes. They ran to the Porta Potties crying "Merciful Lord!" or "My tongue is being severed by the Devil himself." or my favorite, "My pants, I sh!tted my pants."

This year Uncle Ned and Grandpa Micky were signed up for the Contest. The winner won a $200 dollar girt card to Academy: Sports + Outdoors warehouse so I guess that's a fair reward for burning off your taste buds.

I sat at a table along with Uncle Lou and Grandpa Joe. Izzy laid under my chair and ate at a steak Uncle Lou had gotten her. We watch as the group of six contestants ate the 100 cornbread slices and gurgled milk down their throats.

After witnessing a man throw up and continue to eat I decided to leave and head back home. Telling my Uncle and Grandpa bye and that I would call soon for another meet up, Izzy and I hopped into my car.

I drove down the highway with Izzy sticking her head out the window, her pink tongue waving in the wind. I cranked up the radio and listened to Beyonce's Formation come on.

When I pulled up into the driveway I noticed that my neighbor was home. Archer and I hadn't spoken since McDonald's. It almost seemed like he was avoiding me. I heaved a sigh and pulled into the garage.

~~~~~~~

"Come on Hank my Tank, which color is better?" I pressed and put both shirts up to my neck in the mirror.

Hank sighed for the tenth time in the last minute. "I don't know, the blue?"

I gasp at his audacity to say that the blue looked good on me. "Hank! The blue is terrible, purple is way better."

"Whatever I'm going to GameStop." He stood up and grumpily walked away out of Hollister.

I roll my eyes at him and look back at my reflection. My wardrobe needs a serious update for my Senior year and since school starts in two weeks. I need to get with the program.

Dressed in a coral sundress and brown flats to match, I stand alone in Hollister as all the other teens are in couplings or groups of friends. Sadness envelopes me like a blanket and I place the shirts back on the rack. Sad from being lonely without my other half or even a group of friends I wander out the store and into the throngs of people.

I walk all the way around the Food Court, tasting samples and receiving coupons. With my head down and a small heartbroken scent trailing after me, I walk past this very loud group of teens. Without looking up I bypass being shouldered and go on my way, but not before someone calls out to me.

"Paisley?" An unknown voice says from behind. I turn to see the group of teens and recognize all of them. They were all the hot shot Alphas from my school, that had graduated last year and not to mention were all dating each other.

"Um, hey guys." I awkwardly wave and internally berate myself for being so lame.

"Wow didn't know you came to the Mall." Rikki says in astonishment.

I give a dry laugh to her comment. "Yup I'm just here.....shopping."

"Like...alone?" They all stare at me with pity and some amusement.