78

Song for this chapter- LOVE. (feat. ZACARI) - Kendrick Lamar

three days later

Sierra and Maddy were released from the hospital yesterday and it's been hectic ever since. Maddy wakes up every five minutes it feels like and Sierra asks me to help her because she doesn't know what's wrong with her, which I don't mind at all but when it happens every five minutes, it wears you out. Kian has been helping as much as he possibly can but he gets frustrated really easy which becomes a problem with a newborn and a new mother. Sierra is already scared as it is and Kian adding to it makes her anxiety worse.

It was currently 3:52 in the morning and Sierra, Hunter, Maddy, and I were all in the nursery trying to calm Maddy down but she just kept crying and crying.

"Expose some of your chest, Si. Sometimes when they cry like this, they just want some skin to skin to contact to make sure you're actually there." I explained. Sierra nodded and pulled her shirt down a little then lightly laid Madison on her chest. She started to calm down slowly and soon, the crying stopped which we were all thankful for. We all needed some sleep considering none of us have had any since Sierra and Maddy came home. We were all stressed out after what had happened at the hospital.

Cameron didn't get arrested, thank god. He was declared a hero by the police officers that bombarded our room after the incident happened. He was even given an reward for doing what he did. It wasn't much, though. It was a $50 chick-fil-a gift card. Not much but who doesn't love chick-fil-a?

Sierra sat in the rocking chair and rocked back and forth to get Madison to go to sleep and eventually she did. Sierra softly placed her in her crib and we all went back into our separate rooms.

I went into my room to see Kian rolled over on his left side, away from the door with the comforter covering his bottom half, his top half naked and exposed. I smiled, closing and locking the door, before walking over and slowly getting into the bed. I pulled the blanket up over my body and turned on my side, facing the door and away from Kian. Soon, i felt him move around and then arms wrapped around my body, pulling me towards him. I turned around in his arms and laid on his chest, my eyes fluttering closed.

It was quiet but i knew he was still awake. "I love you."

He hugged me tighter. "I love you, more."

I snuggled further into him if that was even possible. Relaxation took over my body as he rubbed up and down my back. "Are you okay?" I whispered.

His motions stopped and that caused me to look up at him. He looked confused. "Of course, are you?"

"Of course." He smiled and leaned down, connecting his lips with mine. His hands moved from my waist and my back to my neck, holding me in place as he kissed me hungrily. He began to roll me over to where he was hovering over me, laying between my legs. He put one of his hands on my waist and the other on my thigh and mine went to his neck. He pulled away soon after, breathless. His brown eyes just stared Into mine.

"I'm still so fucking in love with you, Haylie. I'm so thankful for you. I'm so thankful for you carrying our whole family. I'm so thankful we met in Nash and Cam's house that day. I'm so thankful we're still so into each other eighteen years later. I'm just so fucking thankful for everything you've done for me. I love you." He said, never breaking eye contact with me. I smiled and it didn't stop growing until my cheeks started to tighten.

"Thank you for giving me your kids. Thank you for just being there for me when I needed you. You've always been my number one." I whispered that last part as if someone would to hear what i said, Kian would be taken from me forever. Tears welled up in my eyes at the thought of losing one of the most precious things in my entire life.

It's been Kian. It's always been Kian and it always will be. Cam never compared to Kian. Skate never compared to Kian. No one ever compared to Kian. No one ever will.

Kian smiles big and pecks my lips again before we're interrupted by Madison's cries once again. Both Kian and I look at the alarm clock by our bed; 4:12 a.m.

I groan and throw my head back against the pillow hearing a chuckle from my husband lying between my legs. "Stay here, Hay. I'll go and see if she needs my help in any way." He kissed my forehead before getting off the bed and walking out the door after unlocking it.

I pulled the blankets up and over my shoulders and rolled over away from the door on my side.

Soon my eyes drifted shut and i was asleep.

morning; 6;15 a.m.

My alarm went off at it's usual time on weekdays. I pressed snooze and sat up, stretching all of my limbs. I looked on Kian's side of the bed to see his tanned shoulder and bicep peeking out of the white comforter he was cuddled up with and smiled. I leaned over to him and kissed his exposed skin before pushing the thick blanket off of my body. I got out of the bed and went to Zack's room and knocked on the door. I waited for a couple of seconds but there was no answer so I walked in to see an empty bed. My eyebrows furrowed as I went and looked for my son.

I didn't see him in his closet or his bathroom so I took that as a sign that he was already downstairs. I then went to Delilah's room and woke her up, doing the same for her twin brothers. I walked into the nursery after the boys were actually out of their beds. Zack was sat in the chair with his niece cuddled in his arms on his bare chest. A giant smile was impatiently plastered on my face. He's so protective over her.

I walked out of the nursery and into Sierra's room to see her sitting at her desk doing her online school work with a notebook lying in front of her computer and a pencil in her right hand, writing notes furiously on the paper. My eyes drift to her bed to see Hunter still sleeping. He must be really exhausted. He and Sierra were up most of the night with Madison. I'm surprised Sierra is up this early in the morning anyways.

I knock softly on her white wooden door and her head snaps my way. Glasses sit on the bridge of her nose and her hair is in a messy bun. She smiles a weak smile at me.

"Come here, and bring your phone." I whisper, walking out with her following close behind me. We both walk into the nursery to see Zack in the same position with Madison. Sierra's mouth drops and tears of joy well up in the corners of her eyes at the sight of her brother and her daughter cuddling in the rocking chair.

"That's so cute." She whispers, walking over with her phone to take a couple of pictures of the both of them. Once she finished taking her pictures, she hands her phone to me and gently picks Maddy up off of Zack and places her softly in her arms. Sierra shakes Zack's shoulders slightly. "Zack. Zack, come on you have to get up and take the trips to school."

He stirs slightly and flutters his eyes open and looks at Sierra and Maddy. He stretches in the rocking chair and stands up. "She's a good cuddler." We all softly chuckle before he walks out and back into his room to get dressed for school. His girlfriend is supposed to come home with him after school today so she can meet Sierra and my granddaughter. It'll be good for Sierra to have a friend considering Jackie doesn't really come around anymore but Si understands. Jackie has school to worry about and school is important so she can't be mad but i know she is.

Sierra walks over to me and grabs her phone and walks out of the room. I didn't even notice she put Maddy back in her crib. I was too lost in my own thoughts that I lost track of everything going on around me.

I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

the epilogue is next but idk if it'll be long or short yet. i'm hoping for short but we wont make any promises. I'm lowkey excited for this book to end so i can start new stuff and write more series-es.

question: would you guys want to do another q and a or a character ask before this is over? (CHARACTER ACT IS WHERE YOU ASK THE CHARACTERS QUESTIONS AND THE CHARACTERS ANSWER THE QUESTIONS) and you guys can ask as many questions as you want??? LET ME KNOW ASAP AND I'LL PUT IT BEFORE THE EPILOGUE!!!!