5%

I went downstairs to get the triplets and put them to bed because it was 9:30 and they had school in the morning.

"C'mon trips! It's time to go to bed!" I yelled.

I heard a chuckle from the kitchen so I walked into the kitchen to see Nate standing there with a cup of water in his hand and a smile on his face.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked, smiling and crossing my arms over my chest.

"I already put the kids to bed." He said and walked over to me after setting his glass on the counter behind him. Our eyes never left each other's. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck loosely.

"Even Sierra?" I said, smiling a small smile.

He nodded. "Even Sierra."

"Thank you, Nate."

He smiled. "You're welcome, Haylie."

He leaned in for a kiss and just as he was about to kiss my lips, I turned my head to the right and his lips made contact with my cheek.

He pulled away and looked at me confused. "Haylie?"

"Nate, we need to talk." I pulled my arms from his neck and grabbed one of his hands from my waist. I took him into the dining room so we could talk about what happened today with Kian... Maybe. I don't know. I don't think I should tell him but he deserves to know.

"Haylie, what's going on?" He asked.

I sighed. Tears threatened to come out but I've cried so many times today. "You know I love you. So fucking much, Nate."

Nate's head fell backwards then he looked back at me. "You're going to him, aren't you? He's getting another divorce and coming back to this family, isn't he?" There was anger laced in his voice.

"I never said that." I said, softly.

"But you fucking want to. Why don't I just leave so he can move in here and take my family? You know what, why don't you get your fucking kids and get the fuck out? You can come back when you get it through your damn head that he doesn't want you."

I was completely confused and shocked that he seriously kicked me out of his house. Yes, it's his house. We moved in with him 6 months ago because he asked us and I didn't have my name on the contract. So he could kick us out any time he wanted to.. And he doing that right now.

"Are you serious right now? You're kicking me out of the house because I told you I loved you so much and you're kicking me out? I thought you'd have more sense than that but I guess not." I stood up from the chair I was sitting on and walked up the stairs of Nate's house. I went to Sierra's room to find her on her phone.

I tried so hard to hold the tears in. "Sierra, honey."

"Yeah, Mom?" She said, looking at me.

"Get your backpack and a suitcase and pack as much as you can."

"What, what happened?" She asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Nate kicked us out." I said and went into Delilah's room to wake her up as well.

"Sweetheart, get up." I said, gently shaking her to wake her up.

She looked at me. "Momma?"

"You gotta get up sweetie. Get your backpack and put as many clothes in it as you can and meet me in the car, okay?" I instructed her.

She looked at me, confused. "Okay, Momma."

After that, I did the same for the boys and told them to meet me in the car and to tell Sierra to do the same. I went to mine, well, now Nate's room and grabbed a suitcase from the closet. I stuffed as many things in there as I possibly could. I also put my toothbrush, charger, and makeup in there as well.

Once I finished, I went and checked the kids' rooms to find them almost completely empty. The kids must be in the car.

I walked down the stairs and was almost at the door when Nate grabbed ahold of my wrist, the one with the scars from Cameron.

"Haylie, wait." He said. I impatiently waited to hear what he had to say.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I jerked my wrist from his grip and looked at him with an angry look on my face.

"'Sorry' isn't going to fucking cut it. I'll be back to get the rest of our stuff." I said, tears falling freely down my face as I walked out to my car where the triplets were sleeping again and Sierra was on her phone.

Once I put my stuff in the trunk of the car, I hopped into the driver's seat. My eyes were trained on the house in front of my car and my hands were glued to the steering wheel

"Momma, why did we have to leave?" I heard Hunter's sleepy voice ask through the darkness of the car.

"I'll tell you when the time is right sweetie, okay?" I said calmly.

"Mom." Sierra said. I looked at her, tears still spilling out of my eyes. "Where are we gonna go?" She whispered only for me to hear.

"I really honestly don't know. Just go to sleep and I'll figure it out, okay?" I said, sadly.

She sighed and crossed her arms and put her head on the window of the passenger side door.

I pulled out of the driveway and turned down the road.

After driving around for at least 30 minutes, I only knew of one place to go. I honestly didn't want to go there but that's the only place I could think of at the moment.

So I drove down their road and parked in their driveway, turning the car off and sighing which woke the kids up.

"Mom, what are we doing here?" Sierra asked, shocked.

"Just, stay in the car until I figure out what's going on, okay? Watch your brothers and sister." I said, getting out of the car and going up to the front door.

I was so nervous and I had no idea why. I knocked on the door and waited impatiently for someone to answer the door.

A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Haylie? What the hell are you doing here at midnight?" They asked, rubbing their eyes.

"Can the kids stay here for the night please? Nate kicked us out of the house." I cried, realizing that this was real life and we were homeless.

"Yes, of course. You know you can stay here too, Haylie." They said, walking outside.

"Oh no. I'm just gonna stay in the car. I don't want anything else to start." I said as we reached the car. I opened the driver's side door and looked at Sierra.

"Wake up your brothers and sister and grab your things because you guys are gonna be staying here tonight." I said and she nodded so I closed the door.

I looked at the person standing outside and wrapped my arms around their waist.

"Thank you for letting them stay here tonight." I whispered.

"Anytime, Haylie." They wrapped their arms around my torso and squeezed me a little.

I'm so lucky to have the people I have in my life.

ILL TELL YOU WHO THE PERSON IS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER DONT HATE ME PLEASE.

BUT PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FASTER UPDATES!!!

- makayla