77

Haylie's POV

Once I had gotten word that Bandon was on his way to hospital, I immediately called the police and explained the whole situation to them. After they heard everything and it was understood, they rushed over to the hospital and guarded the entrances and exits, they guarded Sierra's delivery room, they guarded the nursery. We were escorted everywhere we went. There was no privacy and I guess that was gonna have to be okay because as long as there was an escort with us, we were all safe.

The triplets had no idea what was going on and I guess that confused and scared them even more. They stayed in the nursery with me and Madison while everything happened. The nurses disappeared leaving me and the trips with all of the babies. Which I didn't mind but that's their job and they should be here taking care of these newborns.

When I heard the gunshots, I instantly grabbed Madison and told the triplets to hide in the corner furthest away from the display window. If Brandon was the one shooting, I wanted my kids to be hidden so they wouldn't get hurt. Brandon was a dangerous person.

The gunshots had gotten closer and closer to the nursery and that's when Delilah clutched onto me even tighter than she already was.

"Mom, what's going on? I'm scared." She whispered to me. I put my arm around her while still holding Maddy and kissed her forehead.

"It's going to be okay, alright? I've got you." I whispered back. I watched the window, waiting for something to happen. For someone to show up and look in the window to see all the babies lying in the beds except for one. I waited for Brandon to spot us cowering away in the corner to try and hide from him. I waited for Brandon to see Madison in my arms and walk towards the door. I waited for him to crash into the room and start shooting at me and my kids.

But it never happened.

No one passed the window except for Cameron, who was carrying a gun in a white V-neck. I instantly jumped up and ran over to the window with my kids yelling 'Momma! Momma! Come back' but I didn't. I knocked on the window to get his attention and when the sound registered through his brain, his eyes locked with mine instantly and he ran over to the door as did I, and unlocked it and opened it so he could get in. Once the door was opened, his arms instantly wrapped around maddy and I. My free arm wrapped tightly around his neck and I breathed in his scent, vanilla and pumpkin.

"Cameron, we were so scared. So scared. What are you doing here?" I asked into his neck.

His head pushed further into my neck. "I came to save the day, I guess."

"You just got out of jail and now you're going to go back for murder. I just got you back." Tears fell down my cheeks and onto his shirt.

"Haylie, you still have me. You've always had me, sweetheart." He said, pulling away and kissing my forehead.

"I'm scared. I don't want to lose you again." I confessed.

"And you won't. I'm just going in there to keep your husband and your kids safe. I'm doing this for you. I have to go. Stay here, okay?" He hugged me one more before pulling away.

"Wait--" I grabbed ahold of his shirt hard, putting a tear in it and he looked at me. "Be safe."

He smiled and nodded before running down the hallway and into my daughter's room. I closed and locked the door and went back over to my kids.

"Mom, what's Cam doing here?" Elijah asked.

"He's here to keep your sister and brother and Dad safe." I said to him. "Everything is going to be okay." I said, ruffling his brown hair. He chuckled.

Just then another gunshot was heard and I froze. My whole body stopped and my eyes were once again fixed on the window. I was about to jump up from my spot on the ground but then another gunshot was heard not even two minutes later. All of the breath was knocked out of my body at the sound of the gunshot. I hoped everyone was okay. I hoped Brandon was dead.

Kian appeared at the window, his eyes searching the nursery until they landed on half of his family huddled in the corner with his granddaughter in my arms. I shot up and ran for the door and unlocked it. He instantly pushed it open and put his hands on my neck, connecting his lips with mine desperately.

He pulled away and said, "I'm so glad you guys are okay."

I smiled at him. "I'm glad you guys are okay."

"Brandon's dead. Cameron shot him." He explained quickly.

"Finally, we don't have to worry about him anymore. We can just worry about our family and our granddaughter." I told him quietly.

He smiled. "Let's go back to the room."

I signaled for the kids to come to their father and they hugged him as tight as he could, Kian doing the same. "I'm so glad you guys are okay."

We then went back to the room, seeing Brandon's body covered by a blanket, the corners were stained red.

I handed Madison over to Sierra since she was crying for her. She hugged Maddy closely to her body. "I'm so glad you're okay, Mads." '

"I had her with me the entire time, Si. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her." I told her.

That's when more police officers started piling into the room, asking countless questions that we didn't care to answer at that point in time but we did anyways to get them done and over with. Things were finally going to go back to normal hopefully sooner than we thought. We wanted to go back to being a normal family without all of this unnecessary drama.

That wasn't going to happen.

the next chapter is the last one then im doing and epilogue and then finally, a thank you note. this series needs to be put to rest.

15+ votes and 30+ comments and i'll update immediately!!!