47

Sierra's POV

I opened the front door which revealed my boyfriend with a bouquet of red roses in his right hand and a box of chocolates in his other. He was dressed in ripped skinny jeans with a gray shirt and a red flannel covering that gray shirt. He topped the outfit off with white vans.

I smiled at the sight of my boyfriend. "Hi, Hunter."

He smiled, too. "Hi, Sierra."

I moved to the side so he could walk in and he did just that. His feet carried him up to my room with me following close behind. I closed the door behind me and the both of us sat on my bed. He put the flowers on the desk and gave the heart shaped box of chocolates to me, sitting beside me afterward.

It was quiet for a few seconds. "So how are you?"

I looked at him after that. "Scared. How are you?"

He looked into his lap for a split second then looked back at me and put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him. "I'm scared, too, honestly. Have you told Jackie?"

I shook my head and looked down. "I'm scared to."

"Why's that?" He looked at me, confused.

"Because I'm scared she'll hate me. I'm scared that she'll never talk to me again. I'm scared of rejection. I really am." I said, tearing up.

He rubbed my back softly. "It's okay, Si. That's perfectly normal. But don't you think you should tell her now before it gets noticeable? I mean, sure, there's a slim chance that she's going to go and tell everyone but do you really believe that your best friend would do that to you? If you think she will, don't tell her. Let everyone figure it out for themselves but why do you even care about everyone's opinions in the first place? They're just jealous that they can't be you."

I stayed quiet, letting everything that he just said sink in. After that, I picked up my phone and called Jackie.

"Hey, what's up?" She said when she answered.

"Hey, do you think you could come over? I really need to tell you something." I said. Hunter grabbed my hand so I squeezed it hard. I was almost positive that I was cutting his circulation off.

"Uh, sure. I'll be over in like 10 mostly because I have to tell you something, too." She said, hanging up.

I put my phone down after locking it and let out a breath of relief. I'm glad I got the phone call out of the way.

"What did she say?" Hunter said softly.

I looked into his eyes. "She said she'd be on her way and that she needed to tell me something too."

"I wonder what it is." He said, looking away from me.

"Me too." I said, softly.

While we waited for Jackie to arrive, we just talked about anything and everything.

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" Hunter asked.

"Personally, I don't want either right now but I can't take it back now so I'm gonna say I want a girl." I replied.

"Oh, yeah? What would you name her?" He locked his phone and put it on my bed beside him.

I thought about it for a second. "Haylie Marie, after my mom."

He looked at me confused. "Why's that?"

I smiled. "I knew you were going to ask that. I'd name her that because my mom helped me through so much and she's my role model, yanno? She's my inspiration."

"That's so sweet, babe." He smiled and came forward, pecking my lips. "What would you name it if it were a boy?"

I thought about that, too. "Uhm, I don't know honestly. I wouldn't name him after my dad, that's for sure—"

"Why wouldn't you?"

Just then, the doorbell rang. Jackie was here. Saved by the bell.

I quickly got up from my bed and ran downstairs and to the front door, swinging it open to reveal my best friend in the entire world.

"Hi." She said when she walked in. I closed the door behind her then we walked upstairs into my room.

I closed the door behind me as Jackie sat at the desk in the chair, looking at Hunter and I.

"How about you tell us first? Mine will probably send you into a coma." I said.

She smiled. "Well you know how I told you that I didn't feel like I was the right gender, right?"

(If you remember, Jackie is a boy that felt like a girl. He prefers to go by her/she or other feminine pronouns.)

"Yeah." I said, nodding.

"Well, I talked to my mom and she agreed to go through with the top and bottom surgery." She smiled.

My mouth dropped. "Jackie, that's amazing!" I got off of my seat on the bed and walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her neck for a quick second before pulling away. I went and sat back on the bed.

"I know! I'm so excited." She said, still smiling.

"Are you gonna change your name?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, I've thought about it. I'm thinking about changing it to Lia Rose."

"That's a pretty name." I replied.

"Well, anyways, what did you have to tell me?" She looked between Hunter and I.

"Well, almost a month ago, I was uh, something happened in the middle of the night while everyone was sleeping."

"What, what happened?" Jackie asked.

I breathed in and out to calm my nerves but it wasn't working. "I was raped," I said slowly, "and I don't know who it was and no one else does either. Well, two weeks ago, I had to go in for testing to see if anything was injured or anything and they uh, I can't do this." I pulled my knees up to my chest and hid my head between them while the tears arose.

"She's pregnant." Hunter finished for me.

Jackie was completely quiet for a few until she spoke up. "They better who find out who fucking did this to you and fast. I won't stand for that."

I looked up at her. "Wait, so you're not disgusted?"

She looked at me confused. "Why would I be disgusted?"

"Because you barely even hang out with me anymore. You can't handle people calling you names so you leave me." I explained.

"That's bullshit. I leave because I don't want to get in trouble for saying anything back. I don't want to have to fight a bitch."

"Then why don't you talk to me for like two weeks then all of a sudden just start answering my calls?" I put my knees down.

"I was grounded for sneaking out."

"Whatever. I don't even care. I just need support but if you're just going to leave me during the school day, may be we shouldn't even be friends anymore."

"Sierra, listen, I'm going to be there for you and if that means I have to get suspended, fine, I'll do it. The only thing I won't do is lose my best friend."

IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN ALMOST TWO FUCKING WEEKS. my writer's block is getting out of hand... I forced myself to write this.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FADTER UPDATES!!