34%

Haylie's POV

They took Kian off of life support and the stored the machine away and then they left.

After the doctor left when he came in to our room to check on Kian and to write down his progress, I fell asleep.

Usually, a couple of minutes–maybe an hour–after you deliver a baby, it's normal to sleep because you're so wore out and exhausted from 10-15 hours of labor.

Throughout my 3 pregnancies, I learned quickly that once you deliver that baby, or babies, you need to get as much sleep as you can possibly get because once you go home with the newborn(s), you won't be getting any sleep for awhile.

So, I woke up about 2 hours later, probably 3:30 in the morning. But, I didn't just wake up on my own, I was woken up by someone whispering my name.

"Haylie." I heard someone whisper.

At first, I thought it was just a dream but then the whispering continued and got a little louder each time. Once it was loud enough, it sounded like a male voice.

"Haylie." I heard clear as day.

No way. Is he- Is he really awake? Is this real life?

"What?" I groaned without turning my head or opening my eyes. I was fucking exhausted and I knew this was a dream. I swear I was hallucinating.

"Haylie, I need you to wake up baby." Kian's voice sounded through my ears.

I sighed and fluttered my eyes opened. I was confused because now the whispering stopped.

"Look at me."

Okay, well, maybe not.

I slowly turned my head to the side of the room where Kian laid alone in his bed hooked up to all of these tubes and machines with needles in his arms and a blue cast on his leg and arm. His bruised, brown eyes were opened and piercing right into my blue orbs. His white teeth showed clearly when he smiled. It looked like it took him a lot of strength to smile. He must still be weak and in pain.

My eyes widened. "Kian?"

His smile slowly grew. "Yeah, baby. I'm awake. I'm gonna be okay."

My hands flew to my mouth and tears flowed freely down my face.

My husband was gonna be okay. He was awake and he's gonna be okay!

"Kian, are you really awake? Is this just a dream?" I asked him.

He smiled and looked to the floor. "I'm awake and I'm alright, Haylie. This isn't a dream."

That convinced me. I got off of the bed and walked over to him as fast as I could considering I just popped a baby out of me and I'm still in pain.

Once I reached his bed, I wrapped my arms around his neck as tight as I could without hurting him. His un-fractured arm wrapped tightly around my waist and he shoved his head into my neck.

"Kian, I-I was so scared. I thought you were gone. I-I didn't think you'd be okay. They said that-" He cut me off by pulling away from my neck and placing his swollen lips on mine. I relaxed when those familiar fireworks shot through my body. He pulled away and looked into my eyes again.

"Everything is okay." He whispered. I smiled as I continued to cry tears of joy. He chuckled a little but winced.

I looked at him concerned. "Are you okay?" He grabbed his rib cage.

"Y-Yeah. I'm just, in a little bit of pain is all. It hurts to laugh." He explained. I nodded and sat straight.

"I should call the nurse or doctor in here." I was about to get up but Kian grabbed my wrist which made me look at him, confused.

"Can I see my son first?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. He let go of my wrist so I got up and walked over to the incubator and slowly pushed it over to Kian's bed. Chandler was sleeping peacefully in his little bed, with tubes hooked to him and and IV in his hand. The sight of him made me want to cry again.

"I can't get him out. I didn't even get to hold him when he came out because he didn't cry. They think there's something seriously wrong." I explained, looking back and forth between Chandler and Kian.

"Haylie." I heard Kian say.

I looked at him. "Yeah?"

"Haylie, I need you to wake up, okay?" He said. I looked at him confused.

"What? I am awake."

"Haylie, wake up," Jc's voice came out of Kian's mouth.

My eyes shot open to see Jc looking at me confused.

"Are you alright? I heard you talking in your sleep." He asked me.

I looked at him, confused before looking at Kian. He was still on life support and his bruised and broken features hadn't changed.

"I'm so confused." I whispered, putting my hand on my forehead.

"What are you confused about?" Jc asked. I looked at him.

"I could've sworn Kian was awake. I could've sworn he was actually talking to me." I said to him with my eyebrows furrowed together.

"Haylie, he's been out for almost 2 weeks now."

My eyes widened. "What!? How long was I out for?"

He chuckled. "Only like 3 hours."

I sighed a breath of relief. I seriously thought I slept for a week.

"Oh, and I took the kids back to your house because they said they needed showers and they were going to school tomorrow. Well, Zack to your car and drove home with me following behind so I could keep an eye on them for awhile." Jc explained.

I smiled. "Thank you, Jc."

He smiled too. "You're welcome."

It was quiet for a second until Jc spoke up.

"So, you gonna tell who that Brandon guy is now?"

I looked at him. "He's my ex boyfriend. He's the one that uh, sorry for this, he took my virginity and then a week later, he left the state. But only because his dad made him. We dated for uh 4 years and then he left."

"Ah, okay. Kian wouldn't like that, you know." Jc stated.

I sighed. "I know but hopefully he'll understand." I looked at my husband.

Suddenly, the door opened and doctors filed in and went over to Kian.

"Hi, Haylie. How are you?" Dr. Williams asked, smiling.

"I'm good. Still trying to cope with the fact that I have a new baby and my husband is in a coma but I'm okay."

"That's good. Well, listen. We've come to the conclusion that we have to take Kian off of life support. He's not making any progress so I'm afraid that if he can't breathe on his own, then you have to accept the ending of his life."

I HAVE TO CLEAR SHIT UP. Basically, the last 3-4 chapters were all a dream for Haylie EXCEPT having Chandler. That was basically the only thing that wasn't a dream. The kids didn't talk to Kian, Kian didn't squeeze their hand or any of that. Just thought you guys should know!

FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Snapchat : makaylamarie125
Insta: makayla_marie125
Musical.ly: immakayla

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FASTER UPDATES!!!