54

these are throwbacks and kind of a filler chapter besides the ending.

I had put Chandler in his crib that we kept in our room and laid back down in bed with Kian. He turned on some soft music as he played with my hair. That always made me sleepy.

"You remember when I got pregnant with Sierra? And we had just found out that she was a girl and you wouldn't quit bragging saying 'I told you so'? And how she kicked for the first time before we left for Maine?" I asked out of the blue.

"Babe, do you know where my black vans are?" Kian asked, running around my room trying to find his shoes.

"Didn't you pack them already?" I answered.

"Oh yeah. Thanks babe." He said, coming over and kissing me. He went to his luggage and looked through it.

Suddenly, I could feel the baby moving so I sat down on the bed and put my hands on my stomach. I felt a little kick on my right side and started freaking out.

"Kian. Kian, come here. Hurry." I said. He rushed over to me.

"What, what's wrong?" He asked clearly worried.

"The baby. She's kicking." I smiled. He did the same as I took his hand and placed it where she was kicking. She kicked at his hand and he smiled bigger.

"I never thought I could love something as much as I do right now." He whispered, kissing my belly. She kicked again at his touch.

Kian smiled as I looked up at him. "Yeah, I remember that. Do you remember the first time we met and you tried to take a picture of me without me noticing?"

I grabbed my phone out of my purse and tried to take a ninja selfie of Kian. A ninja selfie is when you're trying to take a picture of someone and you don't want them to know.

It worked but he was looking straight to the camera.

He leaned over towards my ear. "If you're gonna take a picture of me, all you have to do is ask babygirl."

It was my turn to smile. "Yeah, I remember that. We had a crazy year that year. From getting pregnant with Sierra to crazy ex girlfriends threatening me to stay away from you to finding out that you had another kid with your ex girlfriend while I was pregnant with the trips."

He chuckled this time. "Yeah, that was crazy."

It was quiet for a few and it made me think of all the shit Kian and I have been through these last 17 years. We've gotten married and gotten divorced then married again, we've had 5 kids together, we're about to be grandparents.

Grandparents.

Grandparents.

"Holy shit." I whispered. I could feel Kian looking at me with a confused look on his face.

"What, Haylie? What's wrong?" He asks, softly.

I looked into his chocolate brown eyes. "Kian, I think we made a mistake."

"A mistake? What are you talking about?" He asks, worried.

I started getting out of bed with thoughts running through my head. "Kian, we're about to be grandparents and we were selfish enough to worry about us and not our daughter's decision. We practically gave up our first grandchild. What the fuck is wrong with us?" I started pacing around the room, biting my fingernails. I did this when I was anxious.

"Baby, we did it for a good reason–"

"But aren't you even a little bit excited to have a grandchild soon? Another baby that we can spoil rotten? Our daughter's child?" I asked.

"Well, kind of. I don't want our kids to have kids yet." He smiled a little.

That's exactly what a dad would say.

"It's too late for that now."

He thought about it for a second. "What about the deal?"

I looked at him again. "We're just gonna tell Cameron that we change our minds and that we're keeping the baby and helping Sierra raise it."

"He's not gonna go for that."

"How do you know? He might."

"Babe, that man was addicted to meth and LSD and molly and a shit ton of drugs and got arrested for rape and possession of illegal substances. What do you think he's going to do?"

Damnit, you're always right.

"Fuck, you're right." I groaned.

"Why don't you just not tell him and when Sierra has the baby, we tell him that she delivered, have him show up at the hospital and have him arrested again?" Kian suggested.

My eyes locked on him. "You're right. Holy shit, I think that's what we should do."

"Good. Now that we got that settled, come lay back down with me and cuddle some more." He opened his arms waiting for me to come and jump in them. I smiled and obeyed. "I just want to talk about memories we have and reminisce."

I sighed. "Me too."

"Remember that time you ran into your real parents at the carnival?"

"Haylie?" I heard someone say. I looked at them. It was a woman with brown hair and blue eyes. She was about the same height as me. She was holding onto a man's hand. The man was at least six inches taller than her with facial hair and blue eyes as well.

"Hi! Are you a fan?" I asked as we all stopped.

"Uhm, I guess you could say that. Haylie Summers, right?" The man said.

"Technically, Haylie Lawley. Who's asking?" I was so confused. How can you be a fan if you didn't know I was married?

"Your mother and father." The woman said.

Instantly, I got pissed off. "Excuse me? My parents are dead and have been dead for about 7 years now." I crossed my arms over my chest. Kian came to my side and wrapped his arm around my waist. Kaitlyn can by the side Kian wasn't on with her arms crossed as well with Nash clung to her.

"Those were your adopted parents." The woman said.

I frowned. "Yeah, that pissed me off so much but I'm glad I got over it. I miss them so much."

Kian rubbed my back. "I know, baby girl. But they're in a better place now."

"Why did they have to turn to drugs? Why did they do that to themselves and accidentally overdose on heroin and meth? What was the reason?" I asked more to myself but Kian heard and tried to comfort me.

"Some people just have temptations to do things that make them feel alive." He said.

You're so fucking right Kian.

IM BACK AND ITS SATURDAY WOO WOO. okay, so, there are some things I'd like to talk to you guys about.

Firstly, I'm not giving up my account. I don't want to give my account to someone when all of this success is mine and I don't want anybody to take credit for that.

Secondly, I'm updating Side Effects and hopefully wrong number tonight but if I don't im sorry.

Lastly, IM MEETING MY INTERNET BEST FRIEND NEXT FRIDAY AND IM SO FREAKING EXCITED. there will be a video on my musical.ly if you want to check it out @trippin.makayla

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FASTER UPDATES