59

(Grab some tissues)

Haylie's POV

Once I had gotten outside to the parking lot with Zack by my side, I realized the stupid skank was leaning against my car. It's gonna need to go through the car wash after this encounter.

"Get the fuck off of my car." I say to Andrea once we were standing close enough to her.

"What do you want, Andrea?" Zack sighed, annoyed. He just wants to go home and I can see it on his face.

"I just want to know why I'm not allowed to see my son." She said, pushing herself off of my car.

I put my index finger on my chin. "Hm, I think it's because he wasn't put in a good environment, you were doing drugs in the presence of him, oh, and you abused him. That goes along with the restraining order and the custody we have of him."

"Why can't we all just look passed that and let him come with me just for the weekend?" Andrea started to get closer and closer to Zack.

"If you put one fucking finger on him, I'll call the police." I threatened.

She stopped her movements towards Zack and crossed her hands in front of her body.

"You're lucky I'm even coming near you." Zack growled at his birth mother.

"And why is that, sweetheart?" Andrea looked him dead in the eye as he talked.

"First off, don't call me 'sweetheart' and two, because you're a piece of shit mother and I want nothing to fucking do with you! You treated me like shit and kept me away from my dad for so long! Why don't you think I hate you? I don't ever want to see you again, my family doesn't ever want to see you again. Don't come around because we will call the police. And we know how scared you are of the police." Zack finished his speech and got into the passenger side of the car.

"You're just going to let him talk to me like that? Wow, shows what a 'great parent' you are." She rolls her eyes and starts walking away before I stop her.

"I am a great parent. You're the one who's a shitty ass mom." I got into the driver's seat of my car, forcing the keys into the ignition.

I drove off after flipping her off and started home.

It was quiet until we started driving down Melrose.

"Hey, Mom?" Zack said quietly.

"Yeah, Z?" I stopped at a redlight and turned to him.

"Do you remember Maddie?" He asks, looking out the window.

"Yeah, the nice, pretty girl?"

He smiled. "Yeah, that one."

"What about her?" I drove the car once the light turned green and turned down our road.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend today. Well, I told her I wanted to be my girlfriend and she said she wanted to so that's how it happened. But I really really like her and I want to take her out but I don't know how to ask her or where." He explained just as we stopped outside of our house.

"Do you want my advice?" I asked, pulling the keys out.

"Kinda, yeah."

"Well, firstly, ask her if she's free any time this week, next week, or whatever. I always liked moonlit picnics and looking at the stars but every girl's different. Take her to a nice dinner, dress up a little bit, then take her to look at the stars. Like in the movies where they're laying on the hood of th–"