27%

I sat back down in the waiting room of the germ infested hospital and waited for more news on my husband. Everything was still processing through my brain.

He's on life support.

He might not make it.

He's very lucky.

He could've died. What the fuck was the driver of the semi even doing to hit him head on? Was he texting? Was he drinking? Not paying attention to the lights? Like seriously, what was he doing?

"Mom, can I have the car keys? We're hungry so I'm gonna get us some food." Zack asked, putting his hand out. I looked up at him. I'm almost positive I had bags under my eyes and my cheeks were stained.

I shook my head, quickly. "No, I'll drive. What ever you guys want, just text me. Stay here in case they give you any information on your father." I said, trying to get up off of the seat. Zack helped me up and then I walked out to my car. I hesitantly put the keys in the ignition and slowly drove off.

After what's happened to Kian, driving just fucking terrifies me. What if that happens to me? While I'm pregnant? What if the baby dies? What if I never get to meet my new baby? I'd cry!

I sighed and drove onto the main road, getting a text from Zack saying what they wanted from Subway.

I drove down the busy streets of Los Angeles and finally moved into the Subway parking lot that took me ten minutes to get to.

I walked in and I told the guy what I wanted on my sandwiches.

"Haylie, right?" The guy making our sandwiches said.

I nodded, giving him a weak smile. "Uh, yeah. Hi."

He smiled too then went back to his job. "You look rough. You okay?"

I looked down at my toes with a frown placed on my face before looking back at the guy. "Uhm, I'll be okay."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, finishing our sandwiches.

I looked around the store to see the place surprisingly completely empty. I looked back at the guys and nodded slightly while he rung up the foot longs. "Kian uh, he got in a car wreck with a uhm, semi and the uh, the doctors said that he might not make it."

The guys looked taken aback that I told him but it felt good to be talking to someone other than my kids. "Haylie, I'm so sorry to hear that. How bad is he?"

I took my phone out to show him a picture. Once I got a good picture, I handed him my phone. His hand went to his mouth as his jaw dropped. His eyes flickered from the phone to me back to the phone and back to me. He finally handed my phone back to me with a concerned expression on his face.

"I'm praying for you and his loved ones, okay? He'll be okay." The guy gave me a weak smile as I grabbed my phone. I started to walk out when his voice stopped me. "Brandon."

I looked at him confused. "What?"

"My name is Brandon. Brandon Wright." He said.

Suddenly, old memories flashed through my brain at the sound of his name.

-flashback-

We were sitting on the dock that was on the river. Brandon was holding my hand and he kept kissing my forehead every five minutes. That's what led me to think something was happening or was about to happen.

"Haylie, I have to tell you something." I looked into his eyes.

We were only 16 and 17 years old but I knew that I loved him. I loved him more than anything.

"What's wrong, B?" I asked.

He looked at our connected hands and swallowed hard. His thumb kept rubbing small circles on my hand and fear filled my entire body.

"I'm moving to California in a month." He avoided eye contact with me. His eyes were still trained on our hands.

I didn't know what to think. My first love is leaving and might not ever come back. What am I going to do without him? He's the one that took my virginity and lived through that pregnancy scare that I experienced 2 weeks after we did the dirt. He was the one that was there for me when I was being bullied doing school and wanted to kill myself. He was there though everything since we were 5 and 6 years old and now he's leaving me.

I looked at him. "What? Why?"

He didn't answer me.

"Brandon, please don't leave me. You're the only thing I have left. Please, stay." I said, tears coming to my eyes.

"Haylie, it's not my choice. If I could stay, I for sure would but my dad is forcing me to go with him. I tried to make him stay but nothing is making anything better. I'm sorry." He whispered that last part.

I looked down and pulled my hand away from his grip, tears falling freely down my cheeks. His arms wrapped around me and he pulled me into his lap.

"No matter what, I'll always love you and be there for you, alright?" He whispered in my ear.

A month later, my first love left me and never came back. The day after, my parents and brothers had died.

-end of flashback-

I froze in my spot with my eyes trained on the man I loved for 3 years and didn't stop loving until I met Kian. A big smile was placed over my face at the sight of my first love.

"Brandon?" I whispered with that smile on my face.

He smiled too. "Yeah. I was worried you wouldn't recognize me." He went through the door on the side and walked over to me. We met in the middle and my arms instantly wrapped around his neck and his wrapped around my waist, squeezing me ever so gently.

We hugged for a long time until my phone went off, causing us to pull away still smiling.

I pulled my phone out and read the text from Zack.

From: Zack 😎

Jc is here. Just letting you know.

To: Zack 😎

Okay, be there soon.

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked back at Brandon.

"Sorry, that was my son." I said, smiling. I missed him so much, holy shit.

"How many you got?" He asked.

"4, expecting my 5th and a stepson. I've got a 16 year old and a set of triplets." I smiled, thinking about my blessings.

"Damn. I'd have to meet them soon." He chuckled and gently punched me in my shoulder causing me to laugh.

"Well I have to go back to the hospital so I'll talk to you later?" I said, turning around and going to walk out the door but he stopped me.

"Wait, Haylie. Can I have your number so we can keep in touch?" He asked, grinning.

I smiled once again and handed him my phone so he could put his number in. He gave me his and I put mine in.

My contact name was 'Haybug 🐞' and his was 'Brandon 🙄'

We switched phones again and once I had mine, I hugged him once more and walked back out to my car.

Holy shit, I missed that man.

OOOOHHHH SHIT DRAMA LETS GO.

guys, im in love with this girl and have been for the longest time.😭we're not dating yet but she likes me and I like her and holy shit she's a great kisser.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FASTER UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!